Margaritaville Hotel,12 stories, 145 ft., 215 rooms

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the Hollywood FL Margaritaville a couple of years ago and thought the hotel and location was top notch.   I highly recommend it if you are looking for a place near the Ft. Lauderdale area.  When we were there it was kind of empty as Irma was churning its way up the Gulf and people were starting to scatter.   I wanted to try the surf machine near the pool area, but my wife wisely talked me out of it.

Margarita1.jpeg

Margarita2.jpeg

Margarita3.jpeg

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

IMO - It's a very nicely done building, but very bland. So far, at least nothing to make it stand out, which to me is the opposite of the Margaritaville brand. I know their hotels aren't as over the top as the restaurants, but Nashville will be a competitive market and it's just too generic. You could slap any number of mid range hotel brand names on it.  Again, just my opinion.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamie Hall said:

It is odd that the interior is so intensely tropical-themed but the exterior tries so hard to blend in. 

I don't know how hard it tried to blend in. I think it was trying to get built as inexpensively as possible......extra design elements cost money....

Many of our newer hotels have tried to get "noticed" with some elements of design, The Bobby, the Westin, JW Marriott, Dream, even the the nearby Joseph. You'd think the Margaritaville folks would have considered that even if it was just at street level. Again, I wouldn't expect it from a Holiday Inn, Hyatt Place, but from Margaritaville, I had hoped....

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

I’m not complaining about what’s there, just commenting that it’s a missed opportunity. I see this hotel, in 20 years, to be like the Holiday Inn Express on Broadway. 

There is such a rush to build new hotels assuming that as long as they build the rooms, they’ll be filled. Short term it’s true. I just think this mentality doesn’t serve the city well in the long term.  

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1