Margaritaville Hotel,12 stories, 145 ft., 215 rooms

markhollin

I'm not highly educated in the field of architecture, but I think this is a very nicely done building. The façade is neat and simple, and the glass is a nice contrast to the off-white concrete. Although I'm not too keen on the red parking garage (I think that's what that is) adjacent to the brown overhang, this hotel has surpassed my expectations. This looks nice downtown and isn't too flashy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wish the gold divider lines between the windows matched the renders. Currently they're very faint and thin. In the renders, each gold accent is thicker and brighter, and they extend all the way down to the lobby level, unlike what they've done now with the accent finishing several levels off the lobby. 

Also the rendered version has a bronze type of color for the offset panels that run along each side. Currently they're just a shade off  (light gray) from the main part of the building (white). The light bronze look helped the overall appearance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 12:18 PM, rolly said:

I wish the gold divider lines between the windows matched the renders. Currently they're very faint and thin. In the renders, each gold accent is thicker and brighter, and they extend all the way down to the lobby level, unlike what they've done now with the accent finishing several levels off the lobby. 

Also the rendered version has a bronze type of color for the offset panels that run along each side. Currently they're just a shade off  (light gray) from the main part of the building (white). The light bronze look helped the overall appearance.

I agree.  And it is a common problem with architectural renderings which highlight the cool accents only to have them lost in the final product either because of cost-cutting or just poor drawing in the first place.  Makes me think about the top of JW Marriott that seemed to get chopped off.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 8:58 AM, markhollin said:

Various interior views:

Margaritaville Hotel, Sept 8, 2019, 5.jpg

As Always Mark, thanks for the amazing photos! I agree that the north wall is so perfect for some awesome mural. Maybe a great sports mural or musicians mural that highlights the great roots of the city

The interior of this is coming together nicely. Can we take a moment and look at the random copper pipe draining into the floor drain. Presumably temporary, but still a minor WTF moment haha.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, erdichia said:

I stayed at the Margaritaville down in Hollywood FL last week. A lot of the interior details are the same. (They even have the sandal sculpture)

5A90C318-5A1F-4CC0-8050-B538809FC4B8.jpeg

The Hollywood one is pretty cool.  Is close to the Boardwalk, lots of restaurants and has that cool surf simulator.   There were some bands playing at that stage at the boardwalk, and we sat out on our balcony and enjoyed the evening.

• Like 1