Margaritaville Hotel,12 stories, 145 ft., 215 rooms

markhollin

4 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

It's a great interior. I wish they'd spent a fraction of the money and design time on the exterior. 

My guess is they realize that the structure is going to be essentially covered-up on all sides within the next 3-5 years with other buildings...so why put much added cost into something that will not be well-seen.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NashWellington11 said:

Assuming this is sarcasm my comment is about as relevant as your incorrect assertion that it was hung upside down. It is an aerial view. There is no "up" or "upside" to be  "upside down".

Provided it is hung the way the artist intended, it is hung appropriately. It is a piece of art, not a navigational tool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NashWellington11 said:

Assuming this is sarcasm my comment is about as relevant as your incorrect assertion that it was hung upside down. It is an aerial view. There is no "up" or "upside" to be  "upside down".

Yeah, no hard feelings or anything but you keep repeating the same very obvious point.  The fact that "north" does not equal "up" is the whole point of the joke I was making.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Margaritaville Hotel is going to close until mid-May (at the earliest) due to the coronavirus effect on the economy. It had been averaging 70% occupancy up until the pandemic.  Laying off 111 of 118 employees.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/03/24/margaritaville-hotel-owner-pulls-the-plug-best.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4