Waiting For Godot...er, Downtown Retail

spenser1058

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

The Pizza place by Subway on the SE corner of the courthouse across from the "wedge" is open now too, I think. Haven't tried it yet (trying to spend less money on lunch). 

Your Pie has been open... It's good. Beat's the other wood fired pizza joint at Mini Cooper to the punch. Use their app and get a free pie. Express your inner pizza...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to add that I'm in LOVE with Greenbeat.  I went there accidentally last week (got it and Pearsons confused), and it was the most filling, delicious, low-calorie, reasonably priced salad I've had in a long time.

I went back again on Monday.  Same experience.

Romaine/Quinoa base, Roasted Eggplant and Feta as two of the four toppings.  I've been rotating the other two toppings to try different things.  Have enjoyed the Roasted Red Peppers and the Olives the most.  Chicken or Portabello as the protein.  Tahini as the sauce.  Spectacular.  $9

Glad to hear its busy during lunch.  I typically go 130-3 and I've been the only one ordering and its clearing out as people finish eating and go back to work.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

As we discuss retail stores that are expanding and which might make a good fit with the UCF/Valencia downtown campus, here's news that GAP will be adding more of its Old Navy stores this year.

Also of note is that CEO Art Peck sees the chain's future in open-air centers and street level retail.

Another great opportunity for downtown?

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/04/23/old-navy-to-open-60-stores-this-year-driving-gaps-growth.html

From CNBC

• Like 3

On 4/23/2018 at 8:20 PM, spenser1058 said:

As we discuss retail stores that are expanding and which might make a good fit with the UCF/Valencia downtown campus, here's news that GAP will be adding more of its Old Navy stores this year.

Also of note is that CEO Art Peck sees the chain's future in open-air centers and street level retail.

Another great opportunity for downtown?

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/04/23/old-navy-to-open-60-stores-this-year-driving-gaps-growth.html

From CNBC

Isn't there already one in the Barnes and Nobles complex on Colonial?  I'd expect that store would have to close for one downtown to open.

5 hours ago, WAJAS98 said:

Isn't there already one in the Barnes and Nobles complex on Colonial?  I'd expect that store would have to close for one downtown to open.

There is. Just a guess but I suspect access to the college kids that will be downtown might make it a worthwhile move. Retail spaces also fall out of favor over time, as we saw when West Oaks was abandoned in favor of Fowler Groves out in WG.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

"The whole routes" . . . 

It’s not as much fun to go past there since Old South BBQ closed in Clewiston  *sigh*

Nevertheless, I did ride my bike to Lauderdale down 441 one time and met a handsome lad at the Captain D’s in Okeechobee.

One day, I’ll write a book about the ‘80’s that will make Molly Ringwald blush...

19 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Take 2, drive the 27, and call me in the morning, around Perry, Florida, or maybe Bainbridge, exiting, thustly.

We used to take that way up to Tally. Going through Levy and Dixie Counties and crossing the old metal bridge across the Suwannee. 

And, probably one of the coolest roadway scenes in the state, going up the hill on Apalachee Parkway and dead-ending into the Capitol. Whatever highway engineer conceived that hopefully won a medal.

That and A1A between Flagler and St. Augustine going past Marineland (it’s not the same anymore thanks to Palm Coast sprawl) were my two favorite stretches of highway in Florida.

• Like 1