Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), 1 Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

smeagolsfree

The development team for this project seems to have changed. It appears that White/Peterman Properties is no longer directly involved.  Five Star Realty Partners now seems to be solely in charge. Still no groundbreaking date set.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21030734/sobro-hotel-project-remains-a-question

• Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...

Yep... I've had my doubts (and growing) about this for some time. Unfortunately!!  I really wanted to see this one rise, but I fear it will be "resurrected" at half the height and lacking any style. From all indications, White Lodging can't get financing for this. And it makes me scratch my head. I have no doubt if they had proceeded with construction as planned when they originally planned to break ground, they would already have seen $20 million in revenues. Already! Drip! Drip!  Maybe White should knock on the door of Bank of Ozarks. 

Perhaps, William Williams can put in a call to find out what's going down. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Yep... I've had my doubts (and growing) about this for some time. Unfortunately!!  I really wanted to see this one rise, but I fear it will be "resurrected" at half the height and lacking any style. From all indications, White Lodging can't get financing for this. And it makes me scratch my head. I have no doubt if they had proceeded with construction as planned when they originally planned to break ground, they would already have seen $20 million in revenues. Already! Drip! Drip!  Maybe White should knock on the door of Bank of Ozarks. 

Perhaps, William Williams can put in a call to find out what's going down. 

Not to mention, construction costs and financing costs would have been lower too, before the tariffs kicked in and the interest rate hikes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urbanplanet17 said:

Not to mention, construction costs and financing costs would have been lower too, before the tariffs kicked in and the interest rate hikes.

22 hours ago, titanhog said:

giphy.gif

@urbanplanet17, you'll notice that @titanhog has anticipated your comments.  Ben Stein, playing the Economics teacher, is more than qualified to discuss fiscal policy, which could include tariffs, and monetary policy, which definitely includes interest rate hikes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Neigeville2 said:

Ben Stein is a racist creep.  Why do you continually inject this political crap into the board?

My only intent was to connect the gif to the comments about tariffs and rising interest rates, centered on the fact that Ben Stein, the actor in the gif, is a highly qualified business person and economist.  I thought the joke was rather funny!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Dare I say.... I think this one is 'dayyid'.  If any biz journos want to earn his/her paycheck, s/he would dig deep into this one. Did they get funding? Or try to get better terms (a'la KVB)? Or just simply get ahead of themselves. We have NOT heard anything substantive on this one in over a year. So whose rolodex has the principals on this one? That's a prime lot. If they aren't in the game, they need to put it back on the market to someone who can support the future big events that Nashville wants to host. 

Tagline: If you can't produce here... then get some pros who can. 

EDIT: 

P.S. I'm sorry for juicing this thread, but someone else had posted here. Yes, I used to get "up" when I saw this one at the top of the threads... but not anymore. Count me doubtful. 

Edited by MLBrumby