Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), 1 Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

I can hope that the barrier in the street it only temporary while they move the other barrier to the edge of the sidewalk.  Pedestrians can cross over to the convention center side to walk to the Marriott and beyond at 7th.

We cannot loose one lane of road at the point. It would create quite a back up as those turning left could essentially stop traffic during busy times.

7 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I can hope that the barrier in the street it only temporary while they move the other barrier to the edge of the sidewalk.  Pedestrians can cross over to the convention center side to walk to the Marriott and beyond at 7th.

We cannot loose one lane of road at the point. It would create quite a back up as those turning left could essentially stop traffic during busy times.

Technically this doesn't lose a lane of traffic, it just narrows up the lane so cars have to go slower to get through it. It will create traffic congestion for the construction period, but I bet they re-stripe the intersection similar to what they did on 8th for the JW Marriott construction.

This is too big of a pedestrian corridor to lose the sidewalk for the length of this construction. We are going to lose the bike lane which means bikes/scooters may be in the traffic lane more. So please be extra aware of surrounding driving through the area!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Technically this doesn't lose a lane of traffic, it just narrows up the lane so cars have to go slower to get through it. It will create traffic congestion for the construction period, but I bet they re-stripe the intersection similar to what they did on 8th for the JW Marriott construction.

This is too big of a pedestrian corridor to lose the sidewalk for the length of this construction. We are going to lose the bike lane which means bikes/scooters may be in the traffic lane more. So please be extra aware of surrounding driving through the area!!

Just my opinion - I drive that road daily and don't see that many people walking up that side of Demonbreun. They could easily cross over to the much wide sidewalks at the center. If they are going to re stripe it, please do it quickly. 

• Like 1