Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), 1 Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

smeagolsfree

But Kudzu would turn brown in the winter.  I suggest Japanese honeysuckle vine that is semi-evergreen.  I think it would be a little too hot & dry for the types of ivy you seen in NYC or London or Paris.  But Japanese honeysuckle vine, which is an invasive species in TN, can tolerate the heat.  And it has flowers.  And it's fragrant.  But it would probably need to be harvested from the wild because basically nobody cultivates it for sale commercially.
Nashville actually gets about 2-3 more inches more rainfall annually than NYC, but is obviously much hotter... what about something that would do well with similar rain amounts, but warmer weather? Orrrr... they could always go with something left to chance with what an artist would throw up there... how about another mural?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, dReAmWiELdEr said:

Nashville actually gets about 2-3 more inches more rainfall annually than NYC, but is obviously much hotter... what about something that would do well with similar rain amounts, but warmer weather? Orrrr... they could always go with something left to chance with what an artist would throw up there... how about another mural?

There's definitely a green (greenery?) vibe 1 Hotels is going for.   

1 Hotel West Hollywood: 

MS87182_RTwoHeatlamps_LR.jpg?itok=Zwum4I70

1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge (NY):

rooftop_pool_shot.jpg?h=6afe656d&itok=fKzutfXm

1 Hotel Haitang Bay, China (proposed): 

1 Hotel Haitang Bay

• Like 3

This is part of a reason to hire Landscape Architects. They have a very strong understanding of native plants that are able to survive in different climates. I'm sure that the plantings at the NYC, West Hollywood and China locations all have different species of greenery in order for them to survive (provided they are real). 

• Like 4

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:56 AM, CenterHill said:

English ivy as used in the NYC pictures is extremely hardy here in TN and remains evergreen all winter.   

I have been looking for examples of English Ivy around town and I have seen several that seem to be doing very well.  So I say you are correct.  English Ivy would be a good choice for the portion of the green wall that involves cascading vines coming from the planter on that high ledge you see in the render.  That other "green wall" that you see near the corner of 8th & Demonbreun may actually end up being a mixture of sedum as one other poster suggested.  So let's wait and see...  I don't think we have a single example of this anywhere else in town to reference, but if you guys know of one, let us know!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

(provided they are real). 

They pretty much have to be real for marketing purposes.  If a guest is going to pay some exorbitant price to stay there, then they want to see quality everywhere they look.  If the plants are plastic then they might as well stay at the Motel 6 on Brick Church Pike for $60 per night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just came into town through BNA and caught a glimpse of some sort of vegetation installed as part of the screening on the new parking structure. Unfortunately I only noticed as I looked that direction as the Uber drove out of the garage, no time to grab a photo or even get a clue as to what type of vine has been planted. Next time someone is out there, check it out! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

359' at the roof, which would make it the same as One Nashville Place.

Now that I can see, those are the numbers I come up with as well. Again, I think I knew this, but I can't remember all the stuff I thought I knew at one time because there is too much to know now.