Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), 1 Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

smeagolsfree

Yesterday I noticed these concrete "cubicles" or whatever on the east wall of the Embassy Suites hotel.  They look too small to be rooms, but what else could they be?  From looking at the forms it is obvious they are pouring these as the building goes up, while interior walls are normally erected after the floors are in place.  Any thoughts from the group?

DSC_6705.thumb.jpg.eb37435ebc1fb7da52a9239b349b6d18.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2020 at 4:14 PM, Bos2Nash said:

It's a bit odd that they would spend the money on casting room walls. Do we know if there is a conference/convention component to this? It would make a bit more sense if these were individual "classroom" spaces

A lot of higher-end hotels now are advertising room quieting as amenities...perhaps this is part of a noise mitigation strategy between rooms?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well this little 30 story tower and his 18 story buddy are just sneaking up into the skyline.

For the longest time it seemed that the  downtown Embassy Suites project was never going to start.  JW started and shipped.  As well as others.

Embassy was never more than a staging area for the other projects.    

But now it's really climbing and by late summer this project should really be a new fixture in the skyline. I hope tourism is really cranking up in Nashville as this goes online. It's going to be rocking down there by the convention center!

• Like 3

For the first time, I can see from that rendering that this is actually a twin tower complex. Up till now, I just thought it was a single building with two personalities, similar to the multi-brand hotels that have sprung up all over the place. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Embassy Suites has figured out how to have their atrium and sound proof their rooms. Haven't stayed at an ES since 2002, when I slept in one and a parrot in the lobby (5 stories below) kept squawking through the night. Decided, the atrium thing was NOT for me. 

NO JOKE!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1