Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), 1 Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

smeagolsfree

On 8/27/2020 at 10:40 AM, henburg said:

image.thumb.png.edf6a9b38438eae8f698630e282334ca.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=c71e87a16cbbfd68

Still a good bit of height left to go for this one. I'm excited to see the rust material for the cladding, it will add a nice bit of variety to all of the blue glass.

12 hours ago, markhollin said:

Embassy Suites:1 Hotel, Aug 29, 2020, 5.jpg

Either the rust colored material has been VE'd out or they have a protective layer over it. Typically the protective layers have manufacturer names on it. Crossing my fingers that this is a way too early observation and that I am wrong.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Either the rust colored material has been VE'd out or they have a protective layer over it. Typically the protective layers have manufacturer names on it. Crossing my fingers that this is a way too early observation and that I am wrong.

That's interesting, so do you think that the potential new cladding is that white/silver material covering the columns? It would be a really significant design change considering how heavily both hotels were to use the material.

On 9/2/2020 at 11:16 AM, henburg said:

That's interesting, so do you think that the potential new cladding is that white/silver material covering the columns? It would be a really significant design change considering how heavily both hotels were to use the material.

That would be my guess. Metal finishes at columns typically have a protective film that gets peeled off as things finish up. That being said the same folks that do curtain wall install tend to do that kind of metal work as well. The rust color could be more of a specialty item which takes it  away from the typical curtain wall group. It could also be that maybe the material was deemed not great for the podium and it will be used to finish out the tower portion of the structure. Not entirely sure. Like I said it is a very early  observation and we would have to wait and see. I'm hopeful I am wrong, but would not be surprised by the change. Maybe I'll take a walk down there before I leave the office tonight.

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

Up to the 17th floor of Embassy Suites, and 8th floor of 1 Hotel.

Looking west from 6th Ave. South, 1/4 block north of Demonbreun:

Embassy Suites:1 Hotel, Sept 6, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking NW from intersection of 7th Ave. South and Demonbreun:

Embassy Suites:1 Hotel, Sept 6, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking NE from Demonbreun, 1/2 block east of 8th Ave. South:

Embassy Suites:1 Hotel, Sept 6, 2020, 3.jpg

Looking NE from intersection of 8th Ave. South and Demonbreun:

Embassy Suites:1 Hotel, Sept 6, 2020, 4.jpg

Looking east from surface lot between McGavock St. and Demonbruen, 1/2 block west of 8th Ave. South:

Embassy Suites:1 Hotel, Sept 6, 2020, 5.jpg

Love it

• Like 3