Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), 1 Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

smeagolsfree

7 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

I know this is a large project, but it does seem to be taking a long time to get finished. Is it just my imagination or are there issues?

No, I think you’re right. Pretty sure this one broke ground well before Hyatt Centric and we see where both of those projects are respectively.

16 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

I know this is a large project, but it does seem to be taking a long time to get finished. Is it just my imagination or are there issues?

From photos, it appears they are building each room with concrete walls (opposed to sheetrock) for better sound attenuation. Huge time difference. 

• Like 4

I'm not belly aching, just asking. Real construction seemed to start April of 2019 (looking back) with the Four Seasons starting, at a similar point May 2019. I don't see as significant changes, week to week, to the exterior of this project as the Four Seasons. Yes it's a larger project, essentially two hotels, but you'd think it has a larger work force as well. 

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

It also has 500 rooms and is a taller project and a lot more costly. Some projects take longer that others to complete and this is one of them.

It also went below grade as well.

If I recall correctly, this building spent a LOT of time working below grade.  Perhaps it was because there are two hotels here instead of one.

20 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

What’s the reasoning for the glass? I’ve noticed it on a few recent builds - is it a new trend?

It does seem to be a new trend. It adds "visual interest", beyond a symmetrical, "simpler" glass layout seen on another side of this project. It can be more cost effective than adding an entirely new building material (brick, metal panels, for instance). I do appreciate it, in that it's not as cheap, as a simpler layout. More material and labor costs to get the look.

People hopefully won't gripe about seeing the drapes because the eye stops on the outside. I will say that I have been in a few spaces using similar layouts and it can be a little annoying in that you don't get a wide open view of the skyline. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1