Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), 1 Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Yesterday evening. :camera:

DCA51069-D4A7-4829-A917-FC44E823534C.jpeg

04BA08E0-A12F-426A-9472-4501F292D8F4.jpeg

B1D3CB83-59D6-4A99-BFDA-0E4C771D3322.jpeg

I seen the one hotel and embassy suites up close in person, And this hotel project is better looking and more interesting compared to the other hotels in sobro. Except for the jw marriott hotel I think the jw marriott hotel is the best looking hotel in sobro, And arguably the best looking high rise building in sobro also. I think the one hotel design blends in with the jw marriott hotel design . The joseph hotel I like that design, I haven't seen it upclose in person, I will one day.

• Like 3

The developer of Embassy Suites/1 Hotel, 7th Ave. Nashville Hotel LLC, is suing the W.G. Yates & sons Construction Company.  

Among the alleged issues detailed by the hotels’ owner: The 1 Hotel rooftop bar structure was never completed and is still not open, Yates allowed the roofs of both structures to be damaged possibly resulting in $1 million in repairs, leaks in the 1 Hotel spa and Embassy Suites service elevator have not been addressed, 15 rooms in the 1 Hotel have not been finished, some work was not done in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the owner has enlisted two other contractors to finish some of the work and make repairs.

The two parties’ signed a construction contract in late 2017, according to court filings. The owner gave notice that Yates could start construction in April 2019, with a guaranteed maximum price of $189,808,276.77. The completion date was targeted for July 27, 2021.

The two parties agreed that, due to COVID-19 impacts, the deadline should be extended, eventually to Dec. 1, 2021. The guaranteed maximum price also was increased to more than $230 million. The project owner estimates damages well into the millions of dollars, both for lost revenue and repairs.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/sobro-hotel-developer-claims-contractor-delays-defects-have-cost-millions/article_6e32ea80-3dd1-11ed-a7c4-2f90edc69fee.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markhollin said:

1 Hotel's 7,255 sq. ft. indoor/outdoor Harriet's Rooftop bar will be opening on the 19th floor next month. It has a capacity for 260 patrons, and besides normal service to all will be available for large parties and private bookings.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2022/11/08/harrietts-rooftop-1-hotel-nashville-seeks-to-impress/69619096007/

Photos courtesy of Mikkel Vang:

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 7.36.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 7.36.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 7.37.02 AM.png

This looks like a nice place to hangout with some friends 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am trying to keep an open mind here for all of you that support greenery on buildings as use in architecture, but this is why I am against it. This is why is does not work for me. The picture says it all! It is supposed to be green all year long, not just part of the year, but all year. This may have been a failing of the sprinkler system, a poor choice on the part of the landscape architect, or some other unknown reason. Bur regardless, this should not have happened. If this is a LEED certified building, then I would have hoped they would be using rainwater or brown water for to water these plants or maybe it got too cold for them, but they needed to take that in to account by looking at what zone we are in.

image.thumb.jpeg.0dfc1164bd1de24fee7596456bdb5f14.jpeg

• Haha 2