Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), 1 Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

smeagolsfree

7 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I wonder if the "money folks" behind this project have yet realized they screwed the pooch by dragging their feet in the start of this project. Granted, one weekend eleven months from now will NOT make or break any new hotel, but the NFL draft is expected to bring in 200,000 people downtown. Would have been a hell of a splash for any new hotel, if they had started 7-8 months ago. Meanwhile, Drury is climbing out of the ground, Tri-Brand is finishing up, Joseph is about to break ground. Three new hotels announced in Midtown, in addition to two under construction. So w.t.f. is keeping the Embassy/Curio from breaking ground?  Anyone else doubt this one will get built? 

The city’s hotel capacity was a critical component in persuading the NFL to award the draft to Nashville on Wednesday. A day later, numerous downtown hotels were already sold out, while prices at others had surged. The draft could draw more than 200,000 people downtown from April 25-27, the same weekend as the Rock 'N' Roll marathon.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/05/24/nashville-hotels-2019-nfl-draft-titans-rock-n-roll-marathon-predators-playoffs-perfect-storm-prices/639072002/

If you told me a few months ago that The Joseph would start construction before this, I would have said "BS!"

12 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

My guess is theyare waiting on JW to open the sidewalks on thier side before they can start.

Speaking of which, they have a southbound lane on 8th closed this morning. They seem to be working on those more intensely recently.

^^My understanding is that they are starting work to open the bike path and sidewalk along 8th, beginning today (Saturday) 

There is still on-site parking. The construction equipment and materials might be leaving (MCC work)20180525_124801.thumb.jpg.d660d6aae5445e0930902ecfad8c0b58.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

And the landscaping is well underway at the J.W. across the street. I imagine the exterior is nearly complete, which lends credence to the theory that it needs to finish before the Embassy can begin.

they have been moving their furniture in for the last two weeks, they are pretty close to being done

• 3 weeks later...