Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), 1 Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

smeagolsfree

Was this fool's gold all along?  Must admit, I was looking forward to this ever since it was announced. And they could have been opened by now... to lots of convention traffic. LOTS OF IT!  What's that sound we hear... like a faint zip line?  I don't think we're entering a recession, but I do believe a lot of financing sources are tightening their belts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Was this fool's gold all along?  Must admit, I was looking forward to this ever since it was announced. And they could have been opened by now... to lots of convention traffic. LOTS OF IT!  What's that sound we hear... like a faint zip line?  I don't think we're entering a recession, but I do believe a lot of financing sources are tightening their belts.

I'd say the double whammy of tariffs*** (mainly tariffs, thus the emphasis) and rising interest rates have more to do with it than bank financing drying up.

One of three things are happening as a result:

1. Some developers are suddenly rushing to complete their projects to beat the soon to be sudden increase in costs.

2. Some developers are reducing the scale of their projects to account for the increase in costs (I.E. Mainland and Second Avenue Partners).

3. Some developers have decided to just put off their projects indefinitely, until the next expansion cycle and/or until cooler heads prevail with the trade war and FED.

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, urbanplanet17 said:

I'd say the double whammy of tariffs*** (mainly tariffs, thus the emphasis) and rising interest rates have more to do with it than bank financing drying up.

One of three things are happening as a result:

1. Some developers are suddenly rushing to complete their projects to beat the soon to be sudden increase in costs.

2. Some developers are reducing the scale of their projects to account for the increase in costs (I.E. Mainland and Second Avenue Partners).

3. Some developers have decided to just put off their projects indefinitely, until the next expansion cycle and/or until cooler heads prevail with the trade war and FED.

Either that or they’re waiting for economic growth the increase from 4% to 5% and/or unemployment to dip under 3%.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, downtownresident said:

They took the chain link portion off of the section fronting eighth , probably related to the water main work mentioned earlier. 

I ran by there this evening but was so focused on crossing 8th safely that I failed to look at the fencing.  It must have looked normal to my peripheral vision.  :tw_glasses: