Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), 1 Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

smeagolsfree

On 2/9/2019 at 10:50 AM, smeagolsfree said:

First Baptist still owns the NE corner of that block. I think that is where the construction trailers are going for this project though. I think the Baptist got like 22 million for this  parcel where the two hotels are going. The Curio will sit on the NW corner and the Embassy will be on the SE corner. At least that is my understanding. Someone correct if I am mistaken.

I have never stayed in a Curio.

Everything you said is correct

And the construction trailers are now on site, as you stated, on the NE corner (behind the Curio)

• Thanks 2

I'm surprised this didn't have a formal groundbreaking and began fairly quietly. I guess there are way too many projects to get the dignitaries together to break ground on all of them. For a project like this, a formal event should be held. It will transform this part of Downtown as well as the skyline and that is something worth celebrating. 

Edited by chriss752
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chriss752 said:

I'm surprised this didn't have a formal groundbreaking and began fairly quietly. I guess there are way too many projects to get the dignitaries together to break ground on all of them. For a project like this, a formal event should be held. It will transform this part of Downtown as well as the skyline and that is something worth celebrating. 

Definitely a good problem to have.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chriss752 said:

They could still have a formal groundbreaking. It's not uncommon to have them after actual excavation has started (just like it's not uncommon to have them months or sometimes years before anything of consequence happens as well).

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Skyscrapergeek said:

Well Ron, you know how we Baptists are...vote vote vote vote...committee committee...vote vote...committee...vote.  It’s inching forward so I’d expect some news soon.  I know there has been some redesign and scope change and I’ve heard that, as expected, permits have been painfully slow.   At this point it’s still a go as far as I know.   There will probably be news by the next forum meet.  

Yea, thanks Stephen. Looking forward to the update!

• Like 1

Well if they don’t have a formal groundbreaking for this project, maybe we can at least have a “windbreaking.”
  • Haha 2