smeagolsfree

Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), Curio Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

Any updates on this?  Seems like it would get going pretty soon now that the hotel next door is quickly approaching being done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

Any updates on this?  Seems like it would get going pretty soon now that the hotel next door is quickly approaching being done.

Someone in another thread mentioned they're waiting on the completion of Cambria.

Though to be honest, that seems like a odd reason given that we have the SoBro Holiday Inn, Tri-Brand Marriott and Hilton Bi-Brand all next to each other with ongoing construction

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 3

Already construction on two of the four corners. My guess is they will wait for something to wrap up or get a little closer to wrapping up.

• Like 2

^ ^ ^ Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too.  With the MCC expansion and JW Marriott construction jutting out onto Demonbreun and 8th, as well as Cambria encroaching on 8th and McGavock, there would be even more constriction to those roadways if this project were to start right now.  My guess is that once the MCC barriers at the SE corner of Demonbreun and 8th Ave. come down, they'll get rolling.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, titanhog said:

^^Fingers crossed that the design doesn't change.  

Fingers crossed that they add those 7 additional rooms to the Embassy! :tw_blush:

Edited by urbanplanet17
  • Like 2

Thanks. Thought I saw the equipment there early via the Newschannel 5 webcam. It's in my rotating screensaver <======== Dork :good:

• Like 1

The parking lot where this one will be hasn't been used to store heavy equipment or bigger construction materials lately that I've seen, but the Cambria workers are still using it as a parking lot. Considering that the Cambria seems to be almost finished externally, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some drilling or fences being set up in the next month or so. I'm guessing that the Curio/Embassy workers will use the lot across 8th, or maybe the construction company will work something out with the Baptists across 7th. 

• Like 1