Embassy Suites (30 stories, 500 rooms), 1 Hotel (18 stories, 221 rooms)

smeagolsfree

Just looking at the renderings a little closer. Sometimes we get all hooked on floor count instead of overall height. From what it looks like to me the Curio will be the equivalent to at least a 22 story building and the ES will be equal to a 30 story. That will be some solid height. The first 4 floors will be around 80' total which is strong.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Just looking at the renderings a little closer. Sometimes we get all hooked on floor count instead of overall height. From what it looks like to me the Curio will be the equivalent to at least a 22 story building and the ES will be equal to a 30 story. That will be some solid height. The first 4 floors will be around 80' total which is strong.

330+ is my guess. 

• Like 2

Btw...I hope this kind of development entices the city / Bridgestone Arena to really look closely at tearing down the arena parking garage and building a hotel / office tower with parking (to make up for lost parking).  It's the perfect spot for something MORE than what is currently there.  Will provide $$ for the city and get rid of that concrete wall that shouldn't be there.

• Like 2

Free form dreaming for a moment for what I'd like to see at the NW corner of Demonbreun and 8th:  I think an extension of the Frist museum would go well there... maybe put all parking under the current parking lot like the courthouse.  Then demolish that ugly parking structure and use that whole plot to expand the museum.  And while we're spending imaginary money, it could be designed by a noted architect like a Meier or a Gehry. I'm actually partial to Meier; but please no Pei or Portman. Of course, it would have to be done soon... all of them are really old now. I was surprised to see that Pei is still living... at 99! 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Free form dreaming for a moment for what I'd like to see at the NW corner of Demonbreun and 8th:  I think an extension of the Frist museum would go well there... maybe put all parking under the current parking lot like the courthouse.  Then demolish that ugly parking structure and use that whole plot to expand the museum.  And while we're spending imaginary money, it could be designed by a noted architect like a Meier or a Gehry. I'm actually partial to Meier; but please no Pei or Portman. Of course, it would have to be done soon... all of them are really old now. I was surprised to see that Pei is still living... at 99! 

But isn't the museum another block down?  Seems like the NW corner of Demonbreun and 8th is a surface parking lot.

8th and Demonbreun.jpg

It's a half-block, and yes, it would be a rather large footprint. I don't think the museum is looking to expand; however a civic minded developer (hello Mr. G.) might look at the opportunity for a mixed use type complex to go there and include a portion for museum expansion. 

• Like 1

Ummm wow!! I am really impressed. This is going to look tall considering the elevation of the land. I also like how the two masts protrude from the slanted roof. Very nice!

So where is the parking going to be? Underground? Or is it going to be wrapped by the ball rooms and event space?

• Like 2

Ok...this may be a tad cheesy...but I'm going to put this out there anyway.

So, let's say the "music notes" on the building were to one of Nashville's most famous songs in history...something recognized world round.  At the top of each hour...the song plays on a speaker (would have to be something maybe like "bell-notes" or something similar) and with each note...the corresponding note on the building would light up.

Like I said...it could be cheesy if not done right...but could be a neat thing that people drop by the area to see / hear.

5841a8c40cc3a_EmbassySuitesCuriorender4Dec.22016.png.7f5d14d293d3b894d7fade7e8c6ddb62.png

• Like 2