smeagolsfree

EMBASSY SUITES & CURIO HOTEL DUAL BRAND

105 posts in this topic

While I think the design is 10/10, my only qualm is that the JW Marriott project has already encroached on portions of 8th and Demonbreun and this project will do the same, making a currently difficult intersection worse. I wish there were rules that forced developers to figure out how only build on their site and taking only the sidewalk, or a time limit of say 3-6 months on any street encroachments Perhaps unrealistic, but the construction on the Thompson Hotel made getting around it a pain as is the 505 construction. I will add that the encroachments also seem to grow as the projects proceed.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Nash_12South said:

I wish there were rules that forced developers to figure out how only build on their site and taking only the sidewalk, or a time limit of say 3-6 months on any street encroachments. 

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/12/02/metro-bills-target-road-and-sidewalk-closures.html

"Metro Council Member Jeremy Elrod has filed two bills meant to give the council more oversight over the closure of streets and sidewalks caused by the city’s myriad construction projects.

The first, Nashville Post reports, is a resolution asking the Department of Codes and Building Safety to formulate new recommendations regarding the placement of heavy construction equipment that obstructs public streets, sidewalks and other rights-of-way.    

The second is an ordinance that would require Metro Council approval for any rights-of-way closure in excess of a year.

“These two are the start of me trying to use legislation as a blunt instrument to make dramatic changes to the way we as a city handle rights-of-way,” he told the Post. “Too much of it is being closed.”

The bills are set to be heard at the Dec. 6 Metro Council meeting."

Edited by CenterHill
4 people like this

Are there any developments with this project? Someone mentioned they were about to start site demo?

This is awesome, looks like it's starting to come together.

3 people like this

Should see significant progress in demo of the former Next Door building this week:

Embassy Suites Curio demo, Mar 19, 2017.jpg

3 people like this

This one is exciting.

1 person likes this

Did we ever hear a height on this project?  Over 300'?

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, Vrtigo said:

...and a morsel of JW Marriott.

1 person likes this

Official height?

1 person likes this

DSC_061101_zpsfu0sutee.jpg

3 people like this

I forget, but is construction to start on the Embassy Suites / Curio once demolition is complete?

43 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

I forget, but is construction to start on the Embassy Suites / Curio once demolition is complete?

And...how far below ground will they go for parking?

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

3-in-1 shot from Oxblue of the Embassy Suites / Curio demo...street level of Cambria...and a little look at the early construction of the addition to the MCC.

Link?