smeagolsfree

EMBASSY SUITES & CURIO HOTEL DUAL BRAND

150 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I believe they do regret it they were even talking about building another hotel

Edited by chris holman
3 people like this

Collective guestroom count is 721 up from 692 rooms, and 18/30 floors up from 16/25.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, dmillsphoto said:

Collective guestroom count is 721 up from 692 rooms, and 18/30 floors up from 16/25.

Does this now make this Embassy hotel the largest in the country (based on room count)?

I don't think this is new information. This is annotated on the previous page and has the newest renderings. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, urbanplanet17 said:

Does this now make this Embassy hotel the largest in the country (based on room count)?

According to wikipedia, the current largest Embassy Suites in the world is in Niagara Falls, Ontario with 512 rooms... so, if that's accurate, this would be the largest by far in the world.

2 people like this

TNinVB is correct.

So the Embassy room count still sits at 506 (for now).

7 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

According to wikipedia, the current largest Embassy Suites in the world is in Niagara Falls, Ontario with 512 rooms... so, if that's accurate, this would be the largest by far in the world.

The 721 is both the Curio (215 rooms) and the Embassy (506 rooms) together, so it would not be the largest Embassy in the world. They should just add 7 rooms to get that designation.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

The 721 is both the Curio (215 rooms) and the Embassy (506 rooms) together, so it would not be the largest Embassy in the world. They should just add 7 rooms to get that designation.

Agreed.

It would be great for business if the owners (and Nashville in general) could make that claim. I mean, we're talking maybe a couple million more dollars (in addition to what's already a $300+ million project) and possibly an additional floor at most to achieve this?

Edited by urbanplanet17
1 person likes this

On 5/2/2017 at 6:31 PM, Skyscrapergeek said:

Should've gone with this version. 

IMG_5765.JPG

This was one of their concepts for Fort Worth... Related image  

This is what what was built...  Image result for omni fort worth

The lower portions are similar to what was built in Nashville.  I would have preferred either of these over what was built in Nashville.

But I strongly agree that the Omni is probably regretting that they did such a bland design.  Take away the the accent lighting they do at night and it just gets lost.  The JW Marriott is really going to make it look shameful.  But I also blame those involved in the overall MCC project for not pushing Omni for something more.  I honestly think Omni thought just their name would be enough for the Nashville market.  I don't think they saw the magnitude of hotel development coming.  They probably anticipated primarily what was initially built after the MCC and Omni was completed.  Hyatt Place, Hilton Suites, etc.  I don't think they saw JW Marriott, Westin and Embassy suite knocking on their doors so soon.  All within a block or two of the MCC. 

4 people like this

13 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

This was one of their concepts for Fort Worth...   

This is what what was built...  

The lower portions are similar to what was built in Nashville.  I would have preferred either of these over what was built in Nashville.

But I strongly agree that the Omni is probably regretting that they did such a bland design.  Take away the the accent lighting they do at night and it just gets lost.  The JW Marriott is really going to make it look shameful.  But I also blame those involved in the overall MCC project for not pushing Omni for something more.  I honestly think Omni thought just their name would be enough for the Nashville market.  I don't think they saw the magnitude of hotel development coming.  They probably anticipated primarily what was initially built after the MCC and Omni was completed.  Hyatt Place, Hilton Suites, etc.  I don't think they saw JW Marriott, Westin and Embassy suite knocking on their doors so soon.  All within a block or two of the MCC. 

Of course, nothing stopping them from demolishing it and rebuilding something bigger and better on that locale. And nobody will miss it.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

Of course, nothing stopping them from demolishing it and rebuilding something bigger and better on that locale. And nobody will miss it.

12-18 months of lost business would be a huge impediment.

They'd be better off simply building an annex on the opposite corner of 5th and KVB.

Edited by urbanplanet17

How about they demolish The Westin and build the replacement there.   Win/Win in my eyes.

2 people like this

Curio site is now scraped clean.

Looking NE from intersection of Demonbruen and 8th Ave. South, with Cambria Suites in the background:

Curio Site 1, May 12, 2017.jpg

Looking NW from Demonbruen just west of 7th Ave. South:

Curio Site 2, May 12, 2017.jpg

4 people like this

So it looks like some sort of cladding is going up on the hotel in the background. I was worried that black wall was going to be exposed. Even though it will be hidden from view eventually I'm glad it is being covered. 

32 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

So it looks like some sort of cladding is going up on the hotel in the background. I was worried that black wall was going to be exposed. Even though it will be hidden from view eventually I'm glad it is being covered. 

The cladding is black also, but is a clean look compared to the painted block.     

1 person likes this

20170603_143334.jpg

2 people like this

Looks like they don't want to wait to grab a piece of the action. 

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

This is behind the paywall...so I'm not sure what all it says, but I'm intrigued by the quote "700-rooms and counting" and wondering if that means they may possibly even make this larger?

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/06/08/dallas-developer-dives-into-700-room-and-counting.html

Considering those developers paid a record price for land in Nashville, the incentive to increase the project scope is certainly there.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, claya91 said:

Considering those developers paid a record price for land in Nashville, the incentive to increase the project scope is certainly there.

It's going to be the world's first 1000' Embassy Suites. ;)

2 people like this

8 hours ago, titanhog said:

This is behind the paywall...so I'm not sure what all it says, but I'm intrigued by the quote "700-rooms and counting" and wondering if that means they may possibly even make this larger?

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/06/08/dallas-developer-dives-into-700-room-and-counting.html

Last I heard, the official combined room count would be 721.

That said, I'm hoping the developers bite the bullet in the end and add the few more rooms, just to claim they have the largest Embassy Suites in the world.

4 people like this