301 Hillsborough

Green_man

1 hour ago, rolly said:

Great. The site is looking clean. I wonder when the foundation begins...

I've got to say that it is pure joy to stand out on my balcony and see all of this work being done close up. I'm going to enjoy this immensely.

Edited by RALNATIVE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:02 PM, KJHburg said:

I for more high rises being built in ALL NC cities and especially a city like Raleigh growing so fast.  The only place in I don't want high rises are mountain tops and along our coast. 

And I wish Raleigh would allow high rises of any height by right in many zoned areas downtown.   Charlotte's motto is let it rip in the UMUD zones.   Nashville limits heights in a lot of areas of downtown though Austin only does so around the State Capital but the rest of downtown as high as you want.  

What is their reasoning for limiting the height of buildings here? In Virginia Beach they have restrictions at the oceanfront because of the Navy and the jets that fly over them on the way out to the ocean for training but I don't understand the why here. I, for one, would love to see a true tower rivaling those in Charlotte here in Raleigh

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, michael ary said:

What is their reasoning for limiting the height of buildings here? In Virginia Beach they have restrictions at the oceanfront because of the Navy and the jets that fly over them on the way out to the ocean for training but I don't understand the why here. I, for one, would love to see a true tower rivaling those in Charlotte here in Raleigh

a local Raleigh person might be able to answer that better.  I think within the downtown zone they should let it rip as Charlotte does.   Nashville has lots of height restrictions as well.  I don't understand it.  They cap most of downtown off at 20 or 40 stories but not sure why and whose views they are worried about.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

a local Raleigh person might be able to answer that better.  I think within the downtown zone they should let it rip as Charlotte does.   Nashville has lots of height restrictions as well.  I don't understand it.  They cap most of downtown off at 20 or 40 stories but not sure why and whose views they are worried about.  

Hopefully with a couple of new, more progressive members joining the Raleigh city council, we'll start to see some of these restrictive zoning limitations change. Some of the old councilors, including the one who represented my district, were heavily tied to the old money Raleigh . T

These folks were opposed to building taller, more modern structures downtown.  As a matter of fact, they were against anything that made Raleigh look and feel like a real city.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 5:28 PM, rolly said:

Outstanding pix.  This 20 story office tower is going to be the most significant project in downtown in many years.  The 22 story FNB was tucked in so close to the other buildings whereas this one will be highly visible. 

I'm enjoying having a front row seat seeing this development going up, but the all day noise...not so much.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

It's great to have a high rise coming up like this one where it's a bit out of the main core and will be highly visible. The 22 story FNB project was awesome, but even in the photo above it's not even visible. So it's impact was limited.  

But this one will be fantastic to watch!   

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How do you know that those workers who are close together aren't positive for the virus? People aren't taking this seriously and it could put every project in the city in jeopardy for the long term. This kind of behavior has pushed other states and cities to complete shutdowns of nonessential operations, and we in NC are very close to following suit.

Thanks for posting, and I'm not picking on you, but I'm kind of irritated to see this business-as-usual activity right now given that it will be many months before we get any kind of effective immunity.

4 hours ago, RALNATIVE said:

Busy today working on the 2nd floor.

No COVID-19 impact here.

6 hours ago, dmccall said:

How do you know that those workers who are close together aren't positive for the virus? People aren't taking this seriously and it could put every project in the city in jeopardy for the long term. This kind of behavior has pushed other states and cities to complete shutdowns of nonessential operations, and we in NC are very close to following suit.

Thanks for posting, and I'm not picking on you, but I'm kind of irritated to see this business-as-usual activity right now given that it will be many months before we get any kind of effective immunity.

Not getting into an argument about politics or morality in this forum.

What I will say, though, is that i'm always happy to see people carry on with their lives  and work (in a responsible way of course) in the face of adversity, instead of being crippled by fear.

• Like 3