Sign in to follow this  
idroveazamboni

Lake Eola Neighbourhood.

2 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

For from $9 to $14 each, they'd better be something. :ermm: 

*Throws JFW a sack of Krystals*

• Thanks 1

A report from the streets today - Eola Park and E. Central were packed this afternoon and the park didn’t even have a special event today.

Eola Wine, Metro Espresso, [email protected] and Publix were jammed. All those untold thousands of Central Floridians who supposedly won’t get out of their cars were, ummmm, walking. I didn’t get a chance to see what Thornton Park looked like with folks watching ballgames on TV.

Not sure how, but our horrible, squatty downtown seems to be more popular with each passing week. Maybe Putin put up a Potemkin Village and all those folks strolling were really drones! I’m always the last to get in on the really good conspiracy theories...

Edited by spenser1058

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

A report from the streets today - Eola Park and E. Central were packed this afternoon and the park didn’t even have a special event today.

Eola Wine, Metro Espresso, [email protected] and Publix were jammed. All those untold thousands of Central Floridians who supposedly won’t get out of their cars were, ummmm, walking. I didn’t get a chance to see what Thornton Park looked like with folks watching ballgames on TV.

Not sure how, but our horrible, squatty downtown seems to be more popular with each passing week. Maybe Putin put up a Potemkin Village and all those folks strolling were really drones! I’m always the last to get in on the really good conspiracy theories...

Orlando Weekly had an event and there were hundreds of extra people downtown. That could be it. Either way, I’ve never heard anyone refer to downtown as horrible. Most say it’s pretty cool, clean, with great places to eat and drink. Squatty though, yes.

• Like 1

Scott J bravely stops in at Coco Cucina, the Sanctuary’s revolving door eatery.

This go ‘round we’re trying Mexican. Scott likes the food but I still have to wonder if such a spartan, boxy space will ever thrive in a neighborhood like South Eola.

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/reviews/recent-reviews/65-mexican/4722-coco-cucina

Edited by spenser1058

18 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Scott J bravely stops in at Coco Cucina

The restaurants in this area are surprisingly mediocre, but I'd say Coco is among the better of them. I've been in 3 or 4 times and each experience was pretty good. I agree the space is not overly inviting, but the food is good and very fresh- that is if you like traditional Mexican fare. The happy hour menu is reasonable and there are plenty of bar seats (pre-requisite for me). Beer and wine selection is terrible, tequila selection is good. Don't go there in search of a burrito or fajitas, but the tamal and all the tacos I've had were very good. The soups are great and are a meal by them selves. Service at the bar is good although I can't speak for the table service (they have looked understaffed on 2 occasions). Traffic has been up and down (which may explain the staffing issue), but even when busy I've walked straight into a bar seat without a wait each time. Parking is non-existent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

re: Coco Cucina: After I saw crickets and worms on their menu, I decided not to ever visit this place. 

• Haha 2