Lake Eola Neighbourhood.

idroveazamboni

South Eola desperately needs something other than 2 pizza places for quick food.  There is not even a Chinese take out place close by. 

I guarantee if you put a basic Chinese food take out place right here it would probably generate $500k easy with no marketing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jvest55 said:

South Eola desperately needs something other than 2 pizza places for quick food.  There is not even a Chinese take out place close by. 

I guarantee if you put a basic Chinese food take out place right here it would probably generate $500k easy with no marketing.

I stopped in Publix today around noon to grab a quick Pub Sub and continue on to my office from downtown.  The line was 8-10 deep and even with 4 sandwich makers at the main counter and 2 more fulfilling online orders in the back, it took me 20 minutes to get served. And Chicken Tenders subs weren't even on sale!  There is definitely pent up demand.  Does anyone know how Eden Fresh is doing?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smileguy said:

I stopped in Publix today around noon to grab a quick Pub Sub and continue on to my office from downtown.  The line was 8-10 deep and even with 4 sandwich makers at the main counter and 2 more fulfilling online orders in the back, it took me 20 minutes to get served. And Chicken Tenders subs weren't even on sale!  There is definitely pent up demand.  Does anyone know how Eden Fresh is doing?

Eden Fresh is pretty good actually, though probably more expensive than a sub at publix. I have noticed that Publix is "the place to go" for lunch here, which is kind of sad. Even if we get a lame subway place, I'll happily take it. Imagine a Chiptole? One can dream...

Edited by Jvest55
  • Like 1

I think Publix is certainly helpful but Lake Eola and all of its events are much more important. There is a reason every does the best here on Sundays.

I met the owner of the new bakery place at Citi last week. Very nice guy and he said they were starting construction this week. Lives in Windermere and didn't seem to understand the traffic flow downtown so that wasn't very reassuring.  I've never been to one of these places so not sure how they lay them out but that is a big space in a not so good location so I hope he has a very aggressive marketing budget. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2019 at 10:19 AM, popsiclebrandon said:

I think Publix is certainly helpful but Lake Eola and all of its events are much more important. There is a reason every does the best here on Sundays.

I met the owner of the new bakery place at Citi last week. Very nice guy and he said they were starting construction this week. Lives in Windermere and didn't seem to understand the traffic flow downtown so that wasn't very reassuring.  I've never been to one of these places so not sure how they lay them out but that is a big space in a not so good location so I hope he has a very aggressive marketing budget. 

There is a decent amount of traffic coming through there, especially when people go to and leave work from the "burbs" and sneak across the side streets in downtown. Aside from that, there are a lot of residents right in the same spot of the bakery to potentially support it. I do agree though, the size of the place looks a bit too big. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 9:46 AM, spenser1058 said:

I still like the birds the best of the SeeArt collection, I think.

Agreed. If I recall correctly, the Take Flight (birds) sculpture was not created specifically for Lake Eola Park and was moved here from another location. The most popular installation, The Muse (a knockoff of grass sculptures in England), seems to get nonstop action from adults and kids alike ever since the city replaced the jasmine goundcover with artificial turf. The All-seeing Eye sculpture should be replaced with something more interactive, IMO.

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, smileguy said:

Looks like Thornton Park Central is getting a paint job...  is white better than blue?  If it stays white, I'm not sure I will recognize the building. The colors were dated, but really gave it an identity. 

67316149_2255334704584484_3524463589165367296_n.thumb.jpg.93e4fc817ab0292c10261cf314052f0e.jpg

The go-round before the current one had lighter colors which. I preferred. If they go white, JFW will have to become a SoCo regular!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, smileguy said:

Looks like Thornton Park Central is getting a paint job...  is white better than blue?  If it stays white, I'm not sure I will recognize the building. The colors were dated, but really gave it an identity.

Gray is the new beige, and blue is the new yellow. The blue exterior colors are starting to grow on me. White is a safe color choice as well, it makes buildings look crisp and modern.

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

Gray is the new beige, and blue is the new yellow. The blue exterior colors are starting to grow on me. White is a safe color choice as well, it makes buildings look crisp and modern.

Not surprisingly, I vehemently disagree. ;)

I think it just makes them look bleached out and boring. Lifeless even.

I hate white buildings!!!!  :angry: 

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2019 at 11:07 AM, JFW657 said:

Not surprisingly, I vehemently disagree. ;)

I think it just makes them look bleached out and boring. Lifeless even.

I hate white buildings!!!!  :angry: 

You'll be pleased to know that I saw some dark green and grey going on the building this morning. I will report back when I know more. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2