Lake Eola Neighbourhood.

idroveazamboni

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

People still swim in Lake Eola. Willingly. The Greek Orthodox church holds an annual diving competition in Lake Eola. The priest throws a cross into the water for a group of kids to retrieve. Kinda gross... not because of the color since the lake is dyed blue-green to block sunlight from stimulating algae growth, but because neighboring storm runoff is directly routed into Lake Eola. I think the city treats the lake bimonthly for algae growth and regularly tests the water quality.

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whole-grain bread franchise Great Harvest Bread Co. set to open in downtown Orlando

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2019/09/05/whole-grain-bread-franchise-great-harvest-bread-co-set-to-open-in-downtown-orlando

I will definitely check them out, although I feel they are better suited for the old Panera spot (which is STILL vacant after all this time :tw_sleepy:). Oh well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

I heard some music coming from that greek church. I thought it was abandoned. The music didn't sound greek though, more Islamic. Front gates were closed but lots of cars in the back parking lot. What's up with this place?

The church is still alive and kicking (and complaining about loud music from nearby venues ;)). If you confused the church being abandoned with this discussion, then you probably misunderstood what I said about the condemned pink building which is also owned by the Greek Orthodox church. Even though they can no longer use the pink building, they still insist on hosting mass homeless feedings out of the parking lot instead of providing support to existing homeless shelters in the area.

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...