Sign in to follow this  

New and Expanding Businesses in Charlotte Region

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By J-Rob
      Since I think the Amazon HQ2 thread should be officially retired, I thought it would be good to have a general Economic Development topic.  If one exists, I couldn't find it.  Obviously the city's ability to recruit relocations and expansions to Charlotte directly impacts urban planning and increased density in the central business district.  @ricky_davis_fan_21 mentioned this in the Amazon HQ2 thread, but the CBJ is reporting on  AllianceBernstein Holding L.P.  scouting Charlotte.  Charlotte makes so much more sense to me than Nashville does, simply because of the deep talent pool here.  If we can't win this expansion... well, let's just hope we can land this.  I would love to see an eventual tower on North Tryon, in South End, or in Elizabeth near the Grubb properties.  Sounds like they plan to try to make a decision in the next 3 months or so.

• By Cadi40
      I couldn't find a thread for the River District so I made one. I happen to be really excited about the River District, Most U.S. Major cities are on a river. Charlotte is near a river but not on it and I think River District will fill that hole, Most cities that have a river have lots of shopping and dining options along the river. 
    • By Scribe
      Since we have a Charlotte Greenways thread, I figured we should dedicate a thread to parks in general.
      So, in 2nd Ward topic @kermit brought up the ParkScore by the Trust for Public Land:
      I initially replied there, but this subject should be discussed in depth - and I could not find a thread that was dedicated to Parks overall (not just greenways). In my reply I compare it to Seattle -
      The CharMeck Parks and Recreation website has details on all existing parks:
    • By Neo
      Old Charlotte Observer Site
      300 South Tryon
      500 East Morehead
      WCNC Uptown Camera
      WBTV Charlotte Tower Cam:
      Mecklenburg County Air Quality cam:

Fountains at New Bern Station

Gateway West Apartments
      Charlotte Knights:
      Downtown [Weatherbug]
      1616 Camden
      300 South Tryon
      Capital Towers
      Langtree at the Lake
      Silos at South End
      Circle at Piedmont

1225 S Church (Phase 2)

330 W Tremont

Lowes Motor Speedway:
      Carowinds [Fury 325]

Charlotte-Douglas International Airport

Lowes Motor Speedway:

University of North Carolina at Charlotte:

UNCC Football Stadium

Downtown from East:

Romare Bearden Park:

Whole Foods

Aloft Ballantyne:

Garrison at Graham:

101 Tremont:

Charlotte Observer/Wachovia Arts Complex:

210 Trade/Epicenter:

Royal Court:

1225 S. Church (apartments):

Ballantyne Everett:
    • By uptownliving
      Haven't seen any news articles on this yet but ZipCar will be expanding into Uptown/Southend this summer. The city is providing 6 on-street locations and Zipcar will be providing 6 off-street locations. This is a 2 year pilot after which the city will decide to make it permanent or not.
      Some sample Zipcar locations will be:
      -Romere Bearden Park
      -UNCC/First Ward Park
      -New Bern Station
      Charlotte has been really late to the game in getting a car sharing service but glad it is finally arriving. This will give those of us that live downtown and don't own a car another transportation option for those longer in-city trips where transit takes too long or isn't available.
      I think the city should also partner with Car2Go. I have used this service in DC before and it's a nice alternative to uber/lyft if you don't mind driving you can park wherever you want as long as it its a legal parking spot.