Wildfire Emergency in Gatlinburg

claya91

Going to keep this short and simple. As most of you are aware, wildfires ravished Gatlinburg last night, claiming at least 3 lives and injuring several more. In addition, thousands of residents are homeless tonight. I am starting this topic to share ways everyone can get involved with the disaster relief effort. Please consider helping. 

https://www.redcross.org/donate/giving-tuesday?campname=givingtuesday&campmedium=aspot_mo2

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/as-devastating-wildfire-cripples-tennessee-towns-heres-what-can-be-done-to-help_us_583dae88e4b06539a78a7624

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you!  This comes close to (my) home as we have been dealing with wildfires on Lookout Mtn., Signal Mtn., Raccoon Mtn., Cohutta Forest, and somewhat distant effects of Chimney Rock/Lake Lure fires. Aside from the terrible air quality, there has been lots of damage to property. If you will, pray for rain... or perhaps you will visit us when our tourism resumes in the spring. 

This hits so close to home, as I have so much family in the Chattanooga area and spent at least one week every year of my childhood in Gatlinburg, and still go back to that incredible, one-of-a-kind place whenever I can.  It is truly special.  I am so saddened by the loss of life and property...but it could have been so, SO much worse.  Gatlinburg will remain beautiful and remain a major draw for people the world over, and although this is a tragic event, the city will only get stronger and better as a result. 

Archived