Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vicupstate

Plush Mill Redevelopment on Easley Bridge Rd

8 posts in this topic

FYI, for anyone who lives in the area or who is interested in the project, there will be a Neighborhood Meeting to discuss plans for the redevelopment of the Plush Mill property at the Sterling Community Center (113 Minus St.) on Monday, December 12 from 5-7pm.

This will absolutely transform this area!

I thought the buildings would be unsalvageable with the way they look on the outside. Glad to be proved wrong. 

1 person likes this

Legislation was passed a few years back to provide tax credits to rehab these long vacant Mill/industrial buildings. It is paying big dividends. 

The mill building will be applying to get on the National Register of Historic Places. The Mill will be the first phase. The Second phase building could be something other than Self Storage, but for now, that is the plan.   

The parcel next to this one is under contract to a different party. Supposedly to a group of physicians.

1 person likes this

The 2.89 acre parcel next to this one on Easley Bridge is posted for a rezoning by the COUNTY.  I was hoping it would be annexed and thought it would have to be to get water service.  I guess not.  

4 hours ago, vicupstate said:

The 2.89 acre parcel next to this one on Easley Bridge is posted for a rezoning by the COUNTY.  I was hoping it would be annexed and thought it would have to be to get water service.  I guess not.  

If they apply for water service, they will most likely be annexed. However, it won't be until that happens. 

Some developers try to get approval through the county before applying for water service to get around the City's stricter development rules.