Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GRDadof3

36th Street GM stamping plant site to be redeveloped

7 posts in this topic

This is big news. They mention the very low 5.6% vacancy rate of industrial space in West Michigan. 

https://mibiz.com/item/24250-franklin-partners-to-lead-development-at-former-gm-stamping-plant-known-as-site-36

WYOMING — Stakeholders looking to redevelop one of West Michigan’s most storied industrial sites and attract high-quality manufacturing jobs have brought on a new partner.

Franklin Partners LLC, the Grand Rapids- and Naperville, Ill.-based commercial development and property management firm, will take over as lead marketer and development partner for the Site 36 Industrial Park in Wyoming, principal Don Shoemaker told MiBiz in an exclusive interview last week.

Cool beans. It's a really lovely expanse of dirt and gravel right now. Look forward to seeing something get started there...

My dad worked there, when it was GM, for 30 years, and I remember touring the plant in like 1984 or so, and it took FOREVER to walk it. So it is a massive plot of earth.

Happy to see it being used again. Not happy that it is being designed like an old industrial park.

1 person likes this

I have to agree with Franklin Partners. When it's just a big massive piece of land, and most of your potential users are 100,000 or 200,000 sf, it's hard for them to envision how they'll be situated on the site. You have to get some of the roads in and get some construction going to create momentum. 

10 hours ago, WMrapids said:

Remember Tesla? :lol:

I 'member!

1 person likes this