Canuck87

City Lights, 7 Stories, 71 condos, restaurant

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

City Lights, June 16, 2018, 3.jpg

I'm excited to see how they enclose this corner of the ground floor. Granted it faces the back of the Shell parking lot, but this could be really really cool (i hope)

• Like 1

I feel like this project has been under construction for like 30 years. I know it was scheduled from the very beginning to not be finished until late 2018 but for some reason it just seems like it’s taking forever. Maybe it’s because it’s only 70 units but the construction timeframe is similar for a project with 5-8 times as many units. 

• Like 1

I have been meaning to stop by the site since last weekend (been busy setting up new house) for a picture, but the wall sample has been completed and has been erected directly behind the leasing trailer in between Crema and the JE Dunn building.

15 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I have been meaning to stop by the site since last weekend (been busy setting up new house) for a picture, but the wall sample has been completed and has been erected directly behind the leasing trailer in between Crema and the JE Dunn building.

Make sure to stop by Crema when you do!

• Like 1

Looking SW from Hermitage Ave., 1/2 block east of Peabody St:

City Lights, Aug 18, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking NE from intersection of Lea Ave. and Rutledge St:

City Lights, Aug 18, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking east from Rutledge St., 1/2 block north of Lea Ave:

City Lights, Aug 18, 2018, 3.jpg

Looking south from alley between Rutledge St. and Hermitage Ave., 1/2 block south of Peabody St:

City Lights, Aug 18, 2018, 4.jpg

• Like 4

Does anybody have images of the original mid-rise design? I remember liking that one a lot, but can't seem to find any renderings. 

2 hours ago, henburg said:

Does anybody have images of the original mid-rise design? I remember liking that one a lot, but can't seem to find any renderings. 

citylightscondosnashville.jpeg

citylightsnashville.jpg

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Sorry, I actually meant the originally-proposed design that was rejected by the MDHA, not the one that is being built. I think it was 10-15 stories and had a more modern design.  

9 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Yep, crane is coming down.

I should get a new iPhone with a better camera.

A very good point & shoot digital camera will cost much less than a new phone...unless you want/need a new phone anyway.

1 minute ago, donNdonelson2 said:

A very good point & shoot digital camera will cost much less than a new phone...unless you want/need a new phone anyway.

Great suggestion, @donNdonelson2!  The wife likes to take pics with her phone so I'll run this by her.  Christmas is coming...