City Lights, 7 Stories, 71 condos, restaurant

Canuck87

The condo prices seem to have started to come down dramatically from where they were originally set. Not sure if any of that has to do with the proposed Fairmont Hotel project potentially blocking views. 

Also, I pass by this building almost everyday and overall it just looks kind of cheap and out of place. The design looks like it belongs over by Vanderbilt (like the Homewood Suites on West End). And the finishes (both inside and out) leave much to be desired.

• Like 1

I only know one person who has visited (potential buyer) and they said that the price was too high for the value/quality of the product. Hopefully, if that is true, the price point will come down a bit to make it worthwhile. Again just passing one comment from one person

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Looking SE from Rutledge St., 1/1/2 block south of Peabody St:

City Lights, Sept 8, 2019, 1.jpg

I think it is a nice looking building, and will fit in when other developments get built around it.   Not sure about that utility pole in the street though.   Maybe there is a relocation plan still in place that hasnt happened yet.

14 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You said, "relocation plan" for utility poles in Nashville.

Obviously there is some discord with this particular development and the overhead cable providers.   I'm guessing when the owner found out how much it was going to cost to bury the lines underground, they balked and the overhead cable providers stood their ground........and now you have a pole in the street.

Edited by Bark At The Sun

• 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Andy20 said:

For anyone wanting details on units. Here is one for sale. Makes sense that they are targeting corporate relocation executives. Over 80% of the building sold already. They should've gone taller!

https://www.weichertandrews.com/details.php?mlsid=2090948&mls=12&ppc=nashcom&view_timing=2

They wanted to go taller, but the codes department wouldn't allow it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Hope they remember to put curtains up for that jacuzzi tub. Could make for an interesting scene for any peeping Thomas's out there with a telescope or binoculars.

The worst part is that the balcony wraps around right up to the tub. Forget telescopes or binoculars, you'll have to watch out for your own guests/family members! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

That is very interesting.  I recall when  Terrazzo Condos were built on 12th Avenue that I thought it was almost a fraud for them to show pictures of the city views because Icon was about to go up across Division Street and block most of the views.   But in a big city there is not much you can do about that, I guess.