cjd5050

2017 Predictions

I think the state in Q1 and Q2 will continue to see unemployment rise and job openings reduced through beginning Q3. I don't in any reality in which HB2 repealed in Q1. I think HB2 will only be repealed in Q3 or Q4. I do however see corporate relocation's be announced, but the outcome and public/international reception of a relocation to NC amidst HB2 will determine if the state can push forward with maybe not repealing the bill. I see SC and VA gaining from NC's loss in the short term. 

1 hour ago, CLT704 said:

Wells Fargo, amid the continued fall out from the accounts scandal, will replace the entire board with majority Charlotte-based and ex-Wachovia people, and will therefore move headquarters from San Francisco to Charlotte.  

I don't buy into the Wells Fargo relocating to Charlotte hype (yet). However, you are starting to see a lot of the legacy Wachovia higher ups taking over WF now in terms of management/leadership positions. My better half works in the compliance and risk area of the bank and she has made the comment on more than one occasion that the legacy Wachovia leaders are taking over key areas of the bank since the whole account scandal. Either by legacy WF people being reassigned or forced out. I think you will continue to see the growth of Wells in Charlotte over the next year or two. Possibly pushing their local employment numbers into the 24-25,000 range. I think a lot of things have to happen for them to put their HQ here, but you're going to see a larger Charlotte influence sooner rather than later. Don't be surprised to see one of the new uptown tower announcements to include Wells Fargo, as others have hinted towards. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CLT704 said:

Wells Fargo, amid the continued fall out from the accounts scandal, will replace the entire board with majority Charlotte-based and ex-Wachovia people, and will therefore move headquarters from San Francisco to Charlotte.  

That would be so very awesome...but i doubt it.

I just checked the Wells Fargo open positions for jobs on their website they are 283 openings of various positions in Charlotte versus 69 in the total San Francisco bay area including Oakland, 7 in Los Angeles and 111 in Minneapolis St Paul. So from that quick search, job growth is by far the most in Charlotte and of course their 287,000 sq ft lease in Ballantyne is further proof. California is very hostile towards Wells Fargo right now. Quick search of Bank of America shows 290 open jobs in Charlotte vs. 238 in New York City. I would say both banks are growing here Wells quicker than Bank of America. 

• Like 2

I would love to see this in Charlotte this is the US Bank tower in LA 75 stories! I would take half that. I have a vision of the US Bank Center at Tryon Place 

usbanksign.jpg

• Like 1

1.  Panthers become good again and win Super Bowl 52.

2.  Hornets pick up Steph Curry in FA and become a legitimate threat for a title run.

3.  UNCC Football has a winning season and gets to a bowl game.

4.  UNCC, Winthrop, and Davidson all make it to the NCAA tournament (2017-2018).

5.  Checkers get really good and make a run at the Calder Cup (2017-2018).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cltbwimob said:

1.  Panthers become good again and win Super Bowl 52.

2.  Hornets pick up Steph Curry in FA and become a legitimate threat for a title run.

3.  UNCC Football has a winning season and gets to a bowl game.

4.  UNCC, Winthrop, and Davidson all make it to the NCAA tournament (2017-2018).

5.  Checkers get really good and make a run at the Calder Cup (2017-2018).

I like the way you think (esp with the first 4).

Edited by jednc
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2016 at 11:06 PM, KJHburg said:

I just checked the Wells Fargo open positions for jobs on their website they are 283 openings of various positions in Charlotte versus 69 in the total San Francisco bay area including Oakland, 7 in Los Angeles and 111 in Minneapolis St Paul. So from that quick search, job growth is by far the most in Charlotte and of course their 287,000 sq ft lease in Ballantyne is further proof. California is very hostile towards Wells Fargo right now. Quick search of Bank of America shows 290 open jobs in Charlotte vs. 238 in New York City. I would say both banks are growing here Wells quicker than Bank of America. 

Is B of A actually growing its overall headcount in Charlotte? Are there any numbers available?

I dont have any hard numbers but after giving up a lot of space in various places they seem to be needing it now. They want to clear out the other tenants at Corporate Center for one. However I think some bigger things are in the work bringing more jobs here from higher cost locations which is the same thing Wells is doing. 

• Like 1