Parking

Zissou

On a Friday night where would be the best place to park downtown? I usually park at Compuware because of the location but thats on the weekends. I think their weekday rates are much much higher. I looks like the rain will hold off for a few hours so i was gonna go down and take some night photos of Campus Martius and the riverfront. Any suggestions?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a Friday night where would be the best place to park downtown?  I usually park at Compuware because of the location but thats on the weekends.  I think their weekday rates are much much higher.  I looks like the rain will hold off for a few hours so i was gonna go down and take some night photos of Campus Martius and the riverfront.  Any suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Park anywhere after 6pm, you wont have to pay the parking toll. Make sure you get pics of the riverwalk east of GM, they just opened that portion of it yesturday.

The dirt lot at Gratiot and Library is free all the time. The lot next to the Farwell is free after 5 PM. There are a few street spaces that don't have meters, but those are becoming harder and harder to find. I think there might still be a few on Farmer. There's free spaces on Washington Blvd., and also Elizabeth & Montcalm behind the Fox. I refuse to pay for parking, so I'm always on the lookout for free spots.

Thanks Allan ill keep those in mind next time. Unfortunately i left about an hour before your post. I ended up paying 5 bucks at Compuware which is fine by me because it was right where I was going to be.

Ive got plenty of pictures of Campus Martius and the Riverfront that I took tonite. Anyone know of a site that could host them? I also took several 30 sec to 2 min videos with my Sony cybershot. If anyone knows where to host those as well I would appreciate it.

Archived