200 E. Broad Street Parking Garage

vicupstate

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, vicupstate said:

200 E. Broad Street garage

You have to think that this is in anticipation of  a new building nearby. The new Hyatt Place has it's own parking, so that wouldn't be it.

No reference that the city will own it either. 

Anyone know more?  

Is the Hyatt Place taking over existing surface parking? Maybe it's less about something new, and more about providing for the existing tenants? 200 E Broad tenants used to park on what is now the Ellison. Will they be losing additional convenient spaces to the Hyatt Place? I don't know, but it's not a huge garage.

2 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

^^ The Hyatt Place did not cannibalize any parking. teh Ellison didn't either. That strip of parking just East of the Church Street bridge is still there.

I'm talking about people parking in the grass. Legally or otherwise, it was used by tenants as parking, and thus those people were forced elsewhere. 

based on no personal knowledge, I've always assumed the 200 East Broad tenants parked across Calvin in the open lots there. There's probably only a little over 100 spots in the 200 East Parking Lot, maybe ~10 of those are client/visitor parking, and they need a lot more than that between South State, Elliot Davis, and Turner Padget alone.

9 hours ago, Spes said:

based on no personal knowledge, I've always assumed the 200 East Broad tenants parked across Calvin in the open lots there. There's probably only a little over 100 spots in the 200 East Parking Lot, maybe ~10 of those are client/visitor parking, and they need a lot more than that between South State, Elliot Davis, and Turner Padget alone.

That sounds logical and obviously the building itself doesn't have enough parking on-site. Hopefully this means something is about to go up on the Calvin Street parcels. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

It's really nice to see that they're proposing reuse of a portion of the ground floor of 200 East Broad to be retail. It would be nice to see more office buildings do this off of Main Street (SunTrust/GHS building, whatever the NBSC building is called now, Regions Bank building, etc). 

Archived