Villa Heights Projects

emansius

• 3 weeks later...

I am guessing this is more Villa Heights. Faison sold their apartment site to Camden who will develop 390 apartments with 7000 sq ft retail according to this Business Journal subscriber story.

""Camden Property Trust (NYSE: CPT) recently acquired the 3.7-acre site at the northwest corner of North Davidson Street and Jordan Place, where it will build hundreds of apartments, said Will Smith, vice president of real estate investments at Camden. The REIT purchased the land for $8.1 million from Charlotte-based Faison, which had long planned to build apartments on the site but has now exited the development business.  Camden has plans to develop a 390-unit project with about 7,000 square feet of ground-floor retail and about 10,000 square feet of amenity space, Smith said. The current projection is to break ground on the development, which will likely be called Camden NoDa, in the first quarter of 2020 and deliver it within two years. Camden still needs to close on a few ancillary parcels for the project but the site does not need to be rezoned, Smith said.""
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/04/11/reit-prolific-in-charlotte-buys-prime-noda-land.html?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I am guessing this is more Villa Heights. Faison sold their apartment site to Camden who will develop 390 apartments with 7000 sq ft retail according to this Business Journal subscriber story.

""Camden Property Trust (NYSE: CPT) recently acquired the 3.7-acre site at the northwest corner of North Davidson Street and Jordan Place, where it will build hundreds of apartments, said Will Smith, vice president of real estate investments at Camden. The REIT purchased the land for $8.1 million from Charlotte-based Faison, which had long planned to build apartments on the site but has now exited the development business.  Camden has plans to develop a 390-unit project with about 7,000 square feet of ground-floor retail and about 10,000 square feet of amenity space, Smith said. The current projection is to break ground on the development, which will likely be called Camden NoDa, in the first quarter of 2020 and deliver it within two years. Camden still needs to close on a few ancillary parcels for the project but the site does not need to be rezoned, Smith said.""
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/04/11/reit-prolific-in-charlotte-buys-prime-noda-land.html?

Ugh. 

1 minute ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

I assume they are talking about the big lot on the corner behind Chadborne Mill?

Here are a few pics I took from earlier this week. They don’t really show off the empty space well however. 

Along with the mill itself and some pics of the apartments already under construction across the street. 

yes Camden will be building those apartments right next to Chadborne Mill across from those other new apartments.  All of this will lead to more people walking to the 25th St station by Warp and Weft apartments.  

• Like 2

I don't have CBJ access, but I took it to mean the site plan had shifted more to apartments than retail/commercial space from the excerpt posted.  Is that incorrect?

Actually this is really good. Way higher density, Faison was planning surface parking, and it has the same amount of retail more or less.better integrated with Chadbourne Mill I hope

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Actually this is really good. Way higher density, Faison was planning surface parking, and it has the same amount of retail more or less.better integrated with Chadbourne Mill I hope

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, Thanks,  I had assumed that meant the entire site plan had changed, but this good to hear.  There are going to be a lot of apartments on this stretch of town.  Maybe the rest of the Amelie's building will finally be occupied...

• 2 weeks later...
I see this on Google Maps all the time and wondered if anyone knows what Phifer Heights is?Screenshot_20190427-110502_Maps.thumb.jpg.d504901acab03a13cc139d5e62834729.jpg&key=209c1178846b71300252763702b04ce503a3b42465e0bee12b8532be563cd062

Here is a link regarding the history of the area including Pfifer heights: http://www.cmhpf.org/kids/neighborhoods/belmont-et-al.html

And finally in 1910, the last section of the survey area was laid out. Called Phifer Heights, the small tract included the 1800 block of McDowell Street and the 1800 block of Seigle Avenue (originally Springs Street) just north of Parkwood Avenue. 39 At the heart of the subdivision was a small hillside park with a spring at its center, surrounded by a narrow curving Park Drive. The greenspace was to be called Cordelia Park, probably after W.F. Phifer's stepdaughter Cordelia White. It is the antecedent of today's Cordelia Park, a large city-owned park that includes the site of the original spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, jcummings138 said:

Here is a link regarding the history of the area including Pfifer heights: http://www.cmhpf.org/kids/neighborhoods/belmont-et-al.html

And finally in 1910, the last section of the survey area was laid out. Called Phifer Heights, the small tract included the 1800 block of McDowell Street and the 1800 block of Seigle Avenue (originally Springs Street) just north of Parkwood Avenue. 39 At the heart of the subdivision was a small hillside park with a spring at its center, surrounded by a narrow curving Park Drive. The greenspace was to be called Cordelia Park, probably after W.F. Phifer's stepdaughter Cordelia White. It is the antecedent of today's Cordelia Park, a large city-owned park that includes the site of the original spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting.  Where is the spring?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Desert Power said:

Rhino Market has finally opened and it looks like there are a couple of additional retail spots in that building.  Pho @ Noda looks very close as well.  Going to be interesting to see this part of the street with more retail

In addition to the original NoDa opening back up

• Like 3