emansius

Villa Heights Projects

On 5/13/2019 at 2:02 PM, archiham04 said:

I don't know where the spring is, but if I were looking Id start here:

On 5/14/2019 at 11:27 AM, Desert Power said:

There is certainly something up there.  Always noticeably cooler too

There is a man-made rock structure up at the top of that little rivulet(?), It looks like something that would have been built by people under the New Deal era. It seems like it was built as a seating area around a (very)  small spring "waterfall" thing, but has since b come a spot people swuat and kids play out of sight

• Like 2

On 5/15/2019 at 7:51 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

There is a man-made rock structure up at the top of that little rivulet(?), It looks like something that would have been built by people under the New Deal era. It seems like it was built as a seating area around a (very)  small spring "waterfall" thing, but has since b come a spot people swuat and kids play out of sight

Sounds like that is as good an answer as we can give @Desert Power

2 hours ago, CLT-704 said:

The '2501 The Plaza' project (https://42floors.com/us/nc/charlotte/2501-the-plz) was created as  a project with the county plan review department on 5/9.  Id guess we're a month or so away from demo then construction. 

Right across the street from where these signs just went up this week (2501 in the background). I assume construction of these homes will begin very soon to deliver by Fall of this year.

20190516_195736.jpg

Edited by NYCLT
  • Like 3

On 5/18/2019 at 8:18 AM, CLT-704 said:

The '2501 The Plaza' project (https://42floors.com/us/nc/charlotte/2501-the-plz) was created as  a project with the county plan review department on 5/9.  Id guess we're a month or so away from demo then construction. 

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/161516/villa-heights-development/ Anyone know of any tenants in this location? I really like the renderings for the multiple decks. 

Also, I thought I saw a leasing sign for a new development about a block or 2 north of this location on the East side of Plaza, but I couldn't find any information on here about a potential new site. Does anyone have any more information?

For those who recall active Marxist Leninism, or who read and remember it from history classes, The Collective inspires this concept (from wiki):

Main article: New Soviet man

Collectivism was an important part of Marxist–Leninist ideology in the Soviet Union, where it played a key part in forming the New Soviet man, willingly sacrificing his or her life for the good of the collective. Terms such as "collective" and "the masses" were frequently used in the official language and praised in agitprop literature, for example by Vladimir Mayakovsky (Who needs a "1") and Bertolt Brecht (The Decision, Man Equals Man).[10

When I saw the name of this development the first thing I thought of was the definition above and hoping that the developer and his advertising and naming consultants were high-fiveing  when this was proposed.  "Be part of the collective! Give up your soul for the masses!"     Well, maybe not

• Like 1