Villa Heights Projects

emansius

11 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Chadbourn Mill redevelopment marketing brochure.  Charlotte has a done a great job saving historical mills from our industrial era.  Here is another mill save.

https://powersearch.jll.com/res/btp/image/upload/v1561648240/prod/listing/brochures/2500_n_brevard_st_chadbourn_building_brochure_bcbvuk.pdf

It looks like a building permit was given last year in August, but then the project was canceled in October.  That was under a Brevard St. Address. Now there's a project listed for 451 Jordan Pl with the same "Chadbourn Mill Office Conversion" name that was started on 6/13/2019.... Interesting. 

Also, I noticed on Saturday that their advertising  signage for the project was not there anymore. 

29 minutes ago, CLT-704 said:

It looks like a building permit was given last year in August, but then the project was canceled in October.  That was under a Brevard St. Address. Now there's a project listed for 451 Jordan Pl with the same "Chadbourn Mill Office Conversion" name that was started on 6/13/2019.... Interesting. 

Also, I noticed on Saturday that their advertising  signage for the project was not there anymore. 

I noticed the sign looked like it been hit by a motorist it was laying on the ground.  JLL is marketing it now it seems as I had not seen this brochure before. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 6:54 PM, KJHburg said:

old warehouse to be converted into office and retail space in Villa Heights by Beacon Partners.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/09/25/beacon-partners-buys-in-villa-heights-for-its-next.html

Very interesting that space would be renovated instead of just razed for apartments.  I guess Fitness Factory will need to find a new spot, but this should be a great addition to the area.  Improving the sidewalk situation alone is a big win...

On 9/25/2019 at 7:47 PM, tarhoosier said:

That is across the street from Airgas, which sells dry ice, and was suddenly and extravagantly popular in 1989 after Hugo.

I wonder how long that will be there...

14 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Empty lots indeed.  Here's an image of Lydia Avenue, which runs right through this land.  All of it looks pretty much like what's in this image, which is to say no structures, very few trees, and looks almost like a park.  Is this park land?  I'm curious why there are virtually no trees, and it appears to be well maintained like a park.  What was it being used for?  And how has it managed to go all this time in an old part of town with nothing ever being built in any of this vast amount of land?

Lydia Avenue, Charlotte, NC.jpg

1 hour ago, JacksonH said:

Empty lots indeed.  Here's an image of Lydia Avenue, which runs right through this land.  All of it looks pretty much like what's in this image, which is to say no structures, very few trees, and looks almost like a park.  Is this park land?  I'm curious why there are virtually no trees, and it appears to be well maintained like a park.  What was it being used for?  And how has it managed to go all this time in an old part of town with nothing ever being built in any of this vast amount of land?

Lydia Avenue, Charlotte, NC.jpg

I believe it is the same case as this block of land (below) off N Tryon St: razed housing community.

Someone please tell me if I am wrong about this Villa Heights section: unlike the below area off N Tryon, there is no archive of Google Street View pics.

Screenshot_20191006-220148.png

Screenshot_20191006-220200.png

IMG_20191006_220623.jpg

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I believe it is the same case as this block of land (below) off N Tryon St: razed housing community.

Someone please tell me if I am wrong about this Villa Heights section: unlike the below area off N Tryon, there is no archive of Google Street View pics.

That would make sense.  Could this have been part of that shortsighted urban renewal in the '60s that destroyed most of Uptown?

I don't know for sure if this the case with these properties, but there were a fair number of developer owned neighborhoods built in Charlotte  in the 40s 50s and 60s that were "affordable" or entry level rentals.  Over time they seemed to be offered to tenants with Section 8 vouchers.  I think folks think of subsidized housing as government project housing only, but in Charlotte, there was, by the 1990s, a fair amount of privately owned housing that was essentially subsidized by vouchers.  So yes and no.  The original demand for these homes was probably spawned from the demand created when affordable units were bulldozed, but no, these were not likely government built as a part of urban renewal.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, CLT> said:

Looks like there's some movement on the parcel next door to NoDa OG, Behind CenterStage@NoDa, looks like it changed hands last week.

The original Birdsong? or the building closer to Sugar Creek? (labeled here as Trolley Pub)

image.png.73d4eeca076b6bb015f1f2092c03ceb9.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 6:54 PM, KJHburg said:

old warehouse to be converted into office and retail space in Villa Heights by Beacon Partners.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/09/25/beacon-partners-buys-in-villa-heights-for-its-next.html

Does anyone know what kind of retail this project might have and if any office tenants have been interested?   My buddy lives directly behind this property and was asking if I new anything.  I figured if anyone knew anything it would be you guys. Thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jtmonk said:

Does anyone know what kind of retail this project might have and if any office tenants have been interested?   My buddy lives directly behind this property and was asking if I new anything.  I figured if anyone knew anything it would be you guys. Thanks.

I have not heard anything but here is the marketing information for it NoDa Coop  seems to be marketed more as office

https://beacondevelopment.com/properties/building/4279/noda-co-op?loc=Charlotte&ptype=office

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2020 at 5:32 AM, GeauxCLT said:

Anyone know what is happening at the old church at Parkwood and Allen St? Looks like a renovation and preservation which would be great. 

Residential project - more info here.  The site includes the church property as well as the 2 vacant lots to the west along Parkwood. In addition to apartments in the church building, there will be 3 duplexes according to the most recent site plan. Is there some activity at the site? 

• Like 3