Villa Heights Projects

emansius

On 2/9/2020 at 9:58 AM, slipperypete said:

Residential project - more info here.  The site includes the church property as well as the 2 vacant lots to the west along Parkwood. In addition to apartments in the church building, there will be 3 duplexes according to the most recent site plan. Is there some activity at the site? 

Thanks. Yes - lots of activity. Windows being removed from the church, dumpsters on site. Appears to be full steam ahead. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've noticed that there is some work going on at the old Carphonics shopping center on The Plaza. Rebranded as Plaza Hills Shopping Center, or something like that. All of the old facade and awnings have been removed. It also appears that some vandalism has occurred at one of the stores, but does not appear to be moving at full speed. Anyone have any additional info on this?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 12:49 PM, swh1972 said:

I've noticed that there is some work going on at the old Carphonics shopping center on The Plaza. Rebranded as Plaza Hills Shopping Center, or something like that. All of the old facade and awnings have been removed. It also appears that some vandalism has occurred at one of the stores, but does not appear to be moving at full speed. Anyone have any additional info on this?

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/03/25/villa-heights-property-to-undergo-major-makeover.html

This is what was announced over a year ago and what is shown on the leasing sign next that property. Maybe they finally have had a little interest to get the development started

1 hour ago, JHart said:
On 5/22/2020 at 12:49 PM, swh1972 said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/03/25/villa-heights-property-to-undergo-major-makeover.html

This is what was announced over a year ago and what is shown on the leasing sign next that property. Maybe they finally have had a little interest to get the development started

Makes sense to wait until the "Central Living" development is more built out there so that area is a bit more inhabbited. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, InTheYear2000 said:

I ran by this project yesterday.. This picture doesn't do the size of this house justice. Looks like it takes up 95% of the lot. 

Yeah. I thought for a while it had to be townhomes. The metal roof house a couple down from it is cool, I'll try to snap a pic next time it isn't 100*

10 minutes ago, CLT-704 said:

Funny story about that house... Back in jan/feb? they built the foundation framed the entire think, and then installed sheathing .  After a few weeks of the site being dead I heard them working one Saturday morning,  but it seemed louder than normal.  They were completely demoing the entire structure.  A week or so later they extended the foundation out from the existing and started to build again, although about a ~1/3 bigger this time.

Didn't realize that. I was wondering why it hadn't been worked on for what seemed like months until the roof went on recently. I live over on Yadkin so I've been watching all this construction on walks while there is nothing else to do.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 2:46 PM, kermit said:

From some dude on tweeter:

IMO this will radically change this portion of N Davidson street

I was in touch with the staff of Alta Warp + Weft some time ago and they said that the bridge has drastically changed the plans of Wood Partners. The City originally told Wood that the bridge would be open around 2018, and Wood was supposed to sell at least year ago, but are shifting expectations to be still ASAP (obviously), but that they may not be able to sell at a good price until the bridge opens.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I was in touch with the staff of Alta Warp + Weft some time ago and they said that the bridge has drastically changed the plans of Wood Partners. The City originally told Wood that the bridge would be open around 2018, and Wood was supposed to sell at least year ago, but are shifting expectations to be still ASAP (obviously), but that they may not be able to sell at a good price until the bridge opens.

Yep. As exciting as this is, its 3 years behind schedule. Like everything the city/CATS does these days...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1