Downtown Greensboro is getting a Westin Hotel

cityboi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 1:26 PM, cityboi said:

Really spreading out now. I say it won't be long before the tower crane is erected.

20210613_074557.jpg

The combined height of the deck and the hotel that will sit atop the deck will about twice the height of the red brick building (former Elm Street Center) in the center of the picture. It will be close to the height of the Guilford Building on the left. The Elm Street Center btw will be converted into the Westin's meeting space.

20210613_074553.jpg

You can see the tall red brick portion in the rendering. The building is going to be tall and have a pretty large foot print, a much larger foot print than most of the other tall buildings downtown.

Screenshot_20210613-155617_Gallery.jpg

Im more curious to how the February one street will play out into the hotel...like im sure they are building a new parking deck under the mass like before...im guessing here but it would be nice to still drive thru it like the old days...i miss that little area...i could always find parking on that street lol. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CalChief said:

Im more curious to how the February one street will play out into the hotel...like im sure they are building a new parking deck under the mass like before...im guessing here but it would be nice to still drive thru it like the old days...i miss that little area...i could always find parking on that street lol. 

Actually February One Place will stay intact. The deck will go over the street.  The arrival shelter of the Westin will be located along February One Place where guest and buses drive in. Cincy's restaurant across the street in the Dixie Building may benefit from getting more business but they need to expand their hours. Cincy's is one of the oldest restaurants in downtown Greensboro. It was there back in the 1980s. They are well known for their chili.

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Road by this site earlier today but couldn’t get any good pictures because roads were blocked off but there seem to be a lot of work going on now and it’s making a decent progress. Definitely feels good to see the project moving forward after so much time of being asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Looks like some movement again. There is now a crane. And also I couldn't really tell but it appears there are several long trucks with what Looks like pieces of a tower crane. It wasn't quite daylight so I couldn't tell for sure.

20220115_071433.jpg

20220115_071335.jpg

20220115_072727.jpg

One of the trucks 

Screenshot_20220115-073012_Chrome.jpg

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Is the hotel supposed to sit atop this parking deck or is it going over the old building along elm st?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are starting to make some progress. A second smaller crane is on site and they have already erected part of the parking deck on the north end of the construction site at East Market Street. Within a month we should see a major difference.

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 3