Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

They need to clean or paint their piano keys. Looks pretty bad. I would be embarrassed if I were the hotel manager.

I think (erhhhh I Hope) they are trying to go for that old look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Justice A.A. Birch, Justice Center, James Robertson Parkway and 2nd Ave. North:

I just went into this little plaza entryway for the first time yesterday (to pay a speeding ticket) and had never noticed it before! I like how Art Deco the Birch Building is, even though it's pretty new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2018 at 8:36 PM, Bos2Nash said:

The entry off demonbruen is getting its stonework re-done. All the old cladding has been stripped down to the CMU structure to be re-skinned

It appears I was wrong about the entry point of the Frist off Demonbruen. This morning on my way in, construction crews had demolished of of the piers and had a dumpster next to the other one. Brand entry scheme in the works??IMG_1085.thumb.jpeg.b9d230a48ba234b96981d052fff2996a.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 9:44 AM, NashvilleObserver said:

I just went into this little plaza entryway for the first time yesterday (to pay a speeding ticket) and had never noticed it before! I like how Art Deco the Birch Building is, even though it's pretty new.

Yep. When I first really took notice of that building I found it a little tough to believe it was so new. She's a nice one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, e-dub said:

Yep. When I first really took notice of that building I found it a little tough to believe it was so new. She's a nice one.

It pays tribute to the architectural style of the Metro Court House. The building is, indeed, very nicely done!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

It appears I was wrong about the entry point of the Frist off Demonbruen. This morning on my way in, construction crews had demolished of of the piers and had a dumpster next to the other one. Brand entry scheme in the works??

Was wondering about this myself... The one on the right was struck by an automobile several months ago which trashed the marble cladding. I wonder if they uncovered more structural issues which necessitated a rebuild, or if they are doing away with them entirely?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 1:39 PM, Bos2Nash said:

It appears I was wrong about the entry point of the Frist off Demonbruen. This morning on my way in, construction crews had demolished of of the piers and had a dumpster next to the other one. Brand entry scheme in the works??

Looks like we are getting a new sign

20190112_133058~01.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2019 at 10:43 AM, LA_TN said:

Looks like we are getting a new sign

20190112_133058~01.jpg

Another 'sign' that Demonbreun is a major street and has its own personality versus Broadway.  Hope this is beautiful and well-lit.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^  Love that our "biggest in the nation" Fourth of July fireworks display is featured here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.