hmm.   I'm ok with a mural there, just don't think we need one with a giant "NASHVILLE" on it.   As if we need to be reminded where we live.  

And the landscape with the mountains and what appear to be fir trees doesn't look like Middle Tennessee.    Looks more like the Adirondacks.   

Edited by CenterHill
  • Like 2

Yeah, that 'Nashville' on there will get old quick. Glad to see the Tennessee cone flowers on it. But that is not middle Tennessee. Geez my pic from last year is better than this:

703475702_20180519_13371403.thumb.jpg.22d8d7f2752271706f91112918b776e9.jpg

Edited by LA_TN
BTW, that is Frozen Head Mtn, in the distance
  • Like 4

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like the mural. I especially like that the guy with the guitar is facing Lower Broadway -- intentional or not, it's a great representation of all the musicians who come here and start out on the small stages downtown with dreams of making it big.

• Like 4

On 5/22/2019 at 3:22 PM, markhollin said:

Huge mural planned for side of 1200 Broadway garage/Whole Foods store facing 13th AVe. North (frontage road along I-40/65 inner-loop).  Developer  Endeavor has HKS architect Jason Crist overseeing the effort, with Nashville-based consultant Brian Greif assisting. Nashville artist Eric “Mobe” Bass would create the mural.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21069905/mural-planned-for-broadway-building

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 3.17.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 3.17.51 PM.png

The walls in the rendering didn't appear to be as massive. Why couldn't they just leave it blank, or add spaces for frequently-changing temporary signage... to promote the Titans, Predators, CMA Fest, etc. I think it just looks cheap to put a flowery mural on it.

whole foods nashville.png