10 hours ago, markhollin said:

Bridgestone Arena:

Bridgestone Arena, the Treadator, March, 2022 x.jpeg

OK, 3 things about this:

1) Is this not evocative of the movie "Predator" for anybody else, or is it just me?

2) The fact that someone majored in Art and now their job is sculpting a cartoonized saber-tooth cat out of tires really makes me laugh.

3) Did anyone else hear about how a ransomware attack shut down Bridgestone for several weeks?  I heard from a friend that they couldn't ship product for a long time.  Pretty embarrassing for a company of that size.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Armacing said:

OK, 3 things about this:

1) Is this not evocative of the movie "Predator" for anybody else, or is it just me?

2) The fact that someone majored in Art and now their job is sculpting a cartoonized saber-tooth cat out of tires really makes me laugh.

3) Did anyone else hear about how a ransomware attack shut down Bridgestone for several weeks?  I heard from a friend that they couldn't ship product for a long time.  Pretty embarrassing for a company of that size.

Happens to the best of companies and organizations. Network security is by nature kind of reactive so you hope you just don’t look like too juicy of a target. 

I was actually thinking it looked like a darker Mecha Godzilla haha

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Armacing said:

OK, 3 things about this:

The Goodyear Cotton Bowl football game has been giving the participants statues of their mascots made out of tires for several years. It's actually pretty cool. I recently read that the statue they made for Ohio State is in some random McDonalds in Columbus. But yes, it's hilarious that someone got a degree so that they can make tire sculptures of mascots.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 7:15 PM, Armacing said:

OK, 3 things about this:

Given the name of the sculpture, I'm thinking that Arnold's opponent in 1987's Predator was exactly the artist's inspiration!  Not sure what it says about me, yet I've always enjoyed that movie.  Can't click past it.