7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Not sure what this is called but I am sure it was designed  to take your eyes off this traffic circle. (Just a visitor observation) 

We're trying to raise money to hire a "chainsaw hitman" to rectify this situation...but still a few $$ short.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Not sure what this is called but I am sure it was designed  to take your eyes off this traffic circle. (Just a visitor observation) 

DSCN1941.JPG

As you can tell by the comments KJHburg, STIX is not very popular. Most of us think that this circle deserved something so much better than this painted timbers. They are not even lit very well at night. The original renderings made it seem as if there would be LED either on or at the tip of the pools. Didn't happen. Huge miss In my opinion, It is what it is though until it's either infested by termites or a tornado rips then out of the ground. Then again I would hate to have those as missile hazards around downtown.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, titanhog said:

^^What's the significance of the Chet Atkins statue being at 5th & Union?  I figured something like that would either be on Music Row, The Ryman or the Opry.

Bank of America put it up as I recall when they acquired the previous tenants (Nations Bank?) who owned the property and building as a gesture of good will to the City. 

Nice gesture! We need more moments like this. :tw_thumbsup:

• Like 3