The ATX

July 2017 List of Tallest Austin Projects

6 posts in this topic

August Edit:  

This is 2017 Rev. 8 of my list of Austin's tallest active projects that are at least 100' tall or appear to have at least one building that will be 100' tall based on available information.  To make the list easier to find I will keep the latest version in the OP of this thread made just for the list.

There were more updates than usual this month, so I won't list them.  But we are starting to punch through that 450' skyline plateau in a big way.  There is even a zoning change request to allow for 30+ story buildings in a 66 acre development in far North Austin.  I'll post more about that later in the Proposed Projects Compilation thread.  

A few of the projects are getting stale.  I remove projects when the site is sold with no approved site plan.  But I leave them on the list if the site was sold with the approved site plan or if the original developer still owns the site even if the site plan has expired.

There are five status types:    

U/C - Cement has been poured

Site Prep - Dirt is moving or utility work is underway

Site Demo - At least one structure on the site has been or is being demolished

Proposed - A project has been announced and/or has specific building information publicly available

Planned - Publicly available information indicates that a project is planned, but there is less specific building information available than a proposed project 

Projects highlighted in green (as in go) are underway with financing in place.  These can include projects with a Site Prep or Site Demo status.

Projects highlighted in yellow have been completed during the current calendar year and have been removed from the active projects count.

3FnQqkh.pngLeLjUXP.pngVrgYPqM.pngngF4JoP.pngnT8frwC.png

2 people like this

The tallest project list in the OP has been updated for April.

The Austin Tallest Projects list in the OP was updated for May.

The OP was updated with the June list of tallest projects.

The OP has been updated for the July list of Austin's tallest projects.

The Tallest Projects List was updated for August in the OP.