Sign in to follow this  
GRLaker

Lakeshore Projects

1 hour ago, Onekama said:

Proposed residential downtown Holland.  The theme is "if your architecture ain't Dutch, it ain't much".

https://www.hollandsentinel.com/news/20181121/eight-rental-units-proposed-for-former-reliable-sport-site

dutch.pdf

Holland's version of the Grandville Castle, but more intimate and classy.  Via does nice work.

Edited by mpchicago
  • Like 1

I’ve always liked Dutch architecture. I think this looks really nice. holland is doing a bang em up job with their buildings. 

It is a bit crazy that they’re only proposing 8 apartments for the whole building.

Joe

• Like 2

17 hours ago, wingbert said:

Could’ve been worse I suppose...

6BB6EF43-C676-43BB-B40A-A8226EEDDD6E.jpeg.ae22ac9ef169b580dfea37ade77dff58.jpeg

Glad to see it in all masonry, like a lot of Holland developments. Some of the themed architecture cities in Michigan (Frankenmuth and Gaylord) have not aged well. 

13 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

It is a bit crazy that they’re only proposing 8 apartments for the whole building.

Completely agree. The surrounding area could use more affordable options like the article states but if you have that Prince money, in Holland you can get anything done. 

13 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

I’ve always liked Dutch architecture. I think this looks really nice. holland is doing a bang em up job with their buildings. 

Joe

Same here, I wish a little bit more would spill into Grand Rapids. The back of Holland seems like a missed opportunity and a highly visible locationSame here, I wish a little bit more would spill into Grand Rapids. The bank of Holland seems like a missed opportunity in a highly visible location

On 11/28/2018 at 11:07 AM, GR8scott said:

Same here, I wish a little bit more would spill into Grand Rapids. 

Be careful what you wish for! Imagine, Grandville, the castle and kitschy Bavarian town of the West side.

A good rundown of some projects coming to downtown Muskegon:

https://muskegontimes.com/2019/01/29/the-muskegon-food-scene-in-2019-nine-restaurants-cafes-more-opening-this-year/

and someone from Mlive made an interesting drive through video of downtown. I set up a google map of the route as a walking route. UP meetup there next Summer? Speaking of walking I'm not sure why that guy is walking right down the middle of the street at the end. :P 

That doesn't include their new convention center that will start soon, connected to LC Walker Arena:

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/local/muskegon/convention-center-in-muskegons-downtown-moving-forward/69-606861568

606850361_1140x641.jpg

• Like 1

https://www.hollandsentinel.com/news/20190310/first-businesses-in-eighth-street-development-to-open-in-april

HOLLAND — In just a few weeks, a new development on West Eighth Street will take its first upright steps toward public integration.

For the past two years, GDK Construction has worked to completely transform Eighth Street between River Avenue and Pine Avenue in downtown Holland.

The series of projects began with the renovation of The Sentinel building, which paved the way for the addition and opening of Seventy-Six.

Next, a 45,000-square-foot building east of The Sentinel was completed. It holds Canterbury Cottage Interiors, Tulip Time, 16 apartments and five condominium units — which are occupied.

• Like 1