Lakeshore Projects

GRLaker

12 minutes ago, Pattmost20 said:

GRDadof3 was on to something. But I think it makes sense given the quality schools, proximity to the beach and marina, and easy access to Grand Haven and I-96. 

HA!  I forgot about his post.  With all the $$ that lives on the lake, I'm surprised no one has wanted to invest in the village.  I know if had money, I'd love to play SimCity with it.  =)

1 hour ago, mgreven said:

HA!  I forgot about his post.  With all the $$ that lives on the lake, I'm surprised no one has wanted to invest in the village.  I know if had money, I'd love to play SimCity with it.  =)

BOOM!! lol  :)

I didn't know anything about these plans but it is just a matter of time. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Pattmost20 said:

Muskegon's Lake front master plan has been released. Some of it looks pretty ambitious, but would be awesome if they can pull it off.

It would be awesome if they could, but it is a steep upward climb for that vision to be even remotely achievable. There is a small contingent of locals that love the city and want to see it succeed, but none of them have the money necessary to make a large enough impact like you see in Grand Rapids (DeVos, Meijer, Van Andel), Holland (Prince), and Detroit (Gilbert). They're the types that might start up a small brewery or a small business. For the most part, Muskegon's businesses are leaving and their population is aging. They would need to make a big push for some big investors that see enough potential for returns on such a large investment. They would then need to do a large advertising campaign to bring talent to an area depleted of it. Again, I hope they pull it off. I just know it will be quite the challenge to do so.

3 hours ago, GRLaker said:

It would be awesome if they could, but it is a steep upward climb for that vision to be even remotely achievable. There is a small contingent of locals that love the city and want to see it succeed, but none of them have the money necessary to make a large enough impact like you see in Grand Rapids (DeVos, Meijer, Van Andel), Holland (Prince), and Detroit (Gilbert). They're the types that might start up a small brewery or a small business. For the most part, Muskegon's businesses are leaving and their population is aging. They would need to make a big push for some big investors that see enough potential for returns on such a large investment. They would then need to do a large advertising campaign to bring talent to an area depleted of it. Again, I hope they pull it off. I just know it will be quite the challenge to do so.

Well they do have some bigger money people investing in Windward Point (Old Sappi Plant), that I could see getting started soonish (3-5 years) and what they are proposing for Pere Marquette seems like a 2-3 year project, but all of the downtown waterfront development is a long way out unless big money steps in.

• 3 weeks later...

Holland Hospital and Spectrum Health partnered to open a new entity known as Health Pointe in Grand Haven. This facility will provide outpatient a large number of hospital-based and outpatient services. The open house was yesterday and it opens to the public on Monday.

HealthPointe-2.jpg

health-pointejpg-ea5ea79754277d79.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/2/2018 at 9:04 AM, GRLaker said:

Holland Hospital and Spectrum Health partnered to open a new entity known as Health Pointe in Grand Haven. This facility will provide outpatient a large number of hospital-based and outpatient services. The open house was yesterday and it opens to the public on Monday.

HealthPointe-2.jpg

health-pointejpg-ea5ea79754277d79.jpg

Sorry, not sorry North Ottawa. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2018 at 9:21 AM, thebeerqueer said:

Sorry, not sorry North Ottawa. 

I read somewhere that over a few thousand showed up to the open house last week. Based on interest alone, it would appear that Health Pointe is obviously needed in Grand Haven.

4 minutes ago, GRLaker said:

I read somewhere that over a few thousand showed up to the open house last week. Based on interest alone, it would appear that Health Pointe is obviously needed in Grand Haven.

It's definitely needed. What I was being snarky about was North Ottawa Community Hospital's inability to see the need to collaborate with Spectrum Health and Holland Hospital in this venture. They turned their back on the needs of their community. 

Just now, thebeerqueer said:

It's definitely needed. What I was being snarky about was North Ottawa Community Hospital's inability to see the need to collaborate with Spectrum Health and Holland Hospital in this venture. They turned their back on the needs of their community. 

True. Rather than collaborate and actually make something on the deal, they wasted money on lawsuits to stop it from happening. Now Spectrum and Holland have secured the Grand Haven market for a multitude of specialties and urgent care. North Ottawa's only hope is being bought out by Mercy, but I doubt Mercy wants to take on that financial liability. 

23 minutes ago, GRLaker said:

True. Rather than collaborate and actually make something on the deal, they wasted money on lawsuits to stop it from happening. Now Spectrum and Holland have secured the Grand Haven market for a multitude of specialties and urgent care. North Ottawa's only hope is being bought out by Mercy, but I doubt Mercy wants to take on that financial liability. 

I couldn't agree more with your statement. I do feel like North Ottawa has their blinders on when it comes realizing the difficult situation they're in. 

Edited by thebeerqueer

56 minutes ago, mpchicago said:

Interesting.   Mixed-use condos, townhomes, shops and office space?   Another hotel?  I assume the Prince children, at least some of them, are running this LLC?

Don’t think the kids are involved.  Definitely not Eric or Betsy at least...

And speaking of Holland...  Also mentions possibility of trains to GR for Artprize.

http://www.wzzm13.com/mobile/article/news/local/holland-zeeland/chicago-to-holland-state-rep-pushes-for-tulip-time-train/69-526981205

357F4D29-4E1A-4E63-868C-3A233BE2DAC9.jpeg

Even though Betsy "Prince" DeVos married into the Amway family, I think the Prince money is from automotive, right?  Prince Corp was sold to Johnson Controls?

That's a huge plot of land..could be a great addition to an already sweet small town downtown.  It sure would be fun to have money to play real life SimCity, wouldn't it?  =)

22 minutes ago, mgreven said:

Even though Betsy "Prince" DeVos married into the Amway family, I think the Prince money is from automotive, right?  Prince Corp was sold to Johnson Controls?

That's a huge plot of land..could be a great addition to an already sweet small town downtown.  It sure would be fun to have money to play real life SimCity, wouldn't it?  =)

Correct.  Prince made their money on automotive interiors and sold to JCI.  The Princes financed the downtown snowmelt system back when it was losing out to the malls like every other small town.  Lumir also owns many of the historic downtown Holland buildings.

If we’re playing SimCity...I would put commuter trains to GR in and then that block next to the train station would be ideal for a large housing development with ground floor retail.