Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spenser1058

Orlando Forum... LIVE?

7 posts in this topic

The good folks at Nashville UP have a live forum to meet every so often (congrats to them for a great idea, btw!):

I wonder if anyone would like to try such a thing here in O-town?

1 person likes this

Absolutely - although I am moving to LA next Wednesday :tw_grimace:

Wow, LA instead of Boston - what a difference! Good luck out there. If others are interested, we'll try to coordinate with the out of towners and maybe even some of the SSC folks.

Sounds fun, I'd be interested. I think I already know a few people here IRL (you know who you are...). 

2 people like this

I have likewise met a few UPers just from bumping into them downtown and recognizing profile pictures and such.

I am interested.

5 hours ago, castorvx said:

I have likewise met a few UPers just from bumping into them downtown and recognizing profile pictures and such.

I am interested.

We live in the same building and haven't met... so yeah, I'm in

1 person likes this

On 1/9/2017 at 0:27 PM, spenser1058 said:

Wow, LA instead of Boston - what a difference! Good luck out there. If others are interested, we'll try to coordinate with the out of towners and maybe even some of the SSC folks.

Thank you!  I'll be living DTLA - will be interesting to be in the center of their urban revitalization and possibly the only US city with active subway heavy rail expansion ongoing (now that the Second Ave subway is open)?  I cannot remember if the BART expansion is light rail or heavy rail.  Either way, I promised myself that I would not be a victim of LA traffic and would instead use any opportunity to live an urban lifestyle there.  The opening of the Santa Monica line certainly helps, as my local LA friends are in Venice.

Edited by prahaboheme
1 person likes this