Tennessee State Library and Archives, 4 stories, $123 million, Bicentennial Mall

markhollin

• 3 months later...

as a real estate enthusiast, I am glad to read this.

I do question why some projects such as this one are passed so easily without much discussion when I continually read about other issues which I would think be a priority, such as Metro Hospital's shortfalls.

Moderators feel free to delete this post if you think it will lead to another political debate.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
55 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

That I think is the site of the new State Library and Archives. Not sure if they are going to start site work on this or not. 50 of the 100 million has been approved.

They should put the State Library and Archives in the Kefauver building when the Federal courts move to the new Federal Courthouse. Save some money.

A friend who works at the State Library just told me that the groundbreaking will be next Monday, Dec. 11th at 2 PM with the Governor and other dignitaries.  Not sure if it's open to the public.  I may try to head over and see what's happening.  She told me an official press release should be out any time now.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

First the state museum, then the US Courthouse, now the Tennessee State Library... we might see West End Summit and City Center 2 rising some upcoming random Thursday at this rate!  lol

Can we throw Signature Tower into that list was well???

• Like 2

Brief story in Nashville Post about this getting underway.   The project is expected to carry a price tag of about $123.8 million. Nashville-based Tuck-Hinton Architects and TMPartners of Brentwood are teaming on the design. The general contractor is the Nashville office of Turner. A fall 2019 completion is eyed.  

Rest of story behind the paywall:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20985279/notes-ground-breaks-for-state-library-project

• 5 weeks later...