Through a niece, I know that middle and high school girls basketball is pretty strong in middle Tennessee, as way to get these girls into colleges. I've also been to many college women's basketball games that have higher attendance than the men's games. I think the WNBA could do well here, certainly not NBA numbers, but still decent.

• Like 2

I have been to several US Women's National Team soccer games in Nashville and they draw an incredible crowd.  There is a NWSL league and Louisville has a team and they have an amazing venue.  The USWNT have players that will play in the NWSL too so that can draw a lot of fans to see them play.  My point is, I think a women's soccer team would do well in Nashville but don't know if they would expand so close to Louisville.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

I have been to several US Women's National Team soccer games in Nashville and they draw an incredible crowd.  There is a NWSL league and Louisville has a team and they have an amazing venue.  The USWNT have players that will play in the NWSL too so that can draw a lot of fans to see them play.  My point is, I think a women's soccer team would do well in Nashville but don't know if they would expand so close to Louisville.

For Nashville SC to be a true soccer club they should field a NWSL club as well. The NWSL has also been putting up pretty good tv ratings as well. It would be cool to be the first club in the US with a men’s and women’s team that shared the same name.  

• Like 4

Gonna be interesting to see what happens between the Superspeedway and the Fairgrounds.

Nashville has been trying to get a top level NASCAR race back in town for over 30 years with no luck…and now we get this one at the Superspeedway and will probably get one at the Fairgrounds.  I wonder if the Superspeedway race is longterm…or just for a couple of years until the Fairgrounds gets one…or if we’ll have both from now on?

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

Gonna be interesting to see what happens between the Superspeedway and the Fairgrounds.

Nashville has been trying to get a top level NASCAR race back in town for over 30 years with no luck…and now we get this one at the Superspeedway and will probably get one at the Fairgrounds.  I wonder if the Superspeedway race is longterm…or just for a couple of years until the Fairgrounds gets one…or if we’ll have both from now on?

I’ve heard good rumors we might get a race at both

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Titans10 said:

If they allow Dover and Bristol owners to both keep their 2 races, I’m guessing Dover will keep one of their races yearly in Dover and one at Nash Superspeedway…and Bristol will keep one at Bristol MS and one at Nash Fairgrounds?

• Like 3

On 6/14/2021 at 12:35 PM, Titans10 said:

I've been reading the same speculation from NASCAR media folks. I'd be curious to know if one metro area has ever hosted Cup races at two different tracks in the same year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Admittedly I haven't been following the racetrack development all that much, so apologies if this is common knowledge I'm just not aware of, but are they planning on adding more seating?  

Yes---expansion from about 10,000 up to 30,000.  We have a thread on the Fairgrounds Racetrack here that includes more info, renderings, etc.

U.P. is not letting me post the link, but you can find it on Page 4 of the thread listings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2