18 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Vanderbilt is working with populous on their facilities and progress will be shared soon. 

Interesting you say this because I just had lunch with a member of one of their advisory committees and he mentioned they have had a couple conversations with Populous. My conversation was specifically regarding their athletics facilities and their estimated several hundred million dollar investment they want to make. I believe the first two facilities they are looking at is an indoor football facility (training) and a new tennis facility. We were speaking specifically to the idea of them being constructed of Mass Timber and creating some of the best facilities in the country if not world. 

17 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I hope Vandy realizes the price of staying in the SEC just went up... A LOT!  They've talked big, and I trust they mean it.  I hope they have a great and unique plan that will bring lots of opponents' fans to Nashville. No doubt Vandy has been a boon to Nashville, but I'm soured on them since a few years ago. 

This was a discussion point in my lunch meeting as well. The person I was speaking with wants to make the facilities more than just for the sports themselves. They have desires to use the facilities for marketing within the SEC, recruitment of faculty and students. These facilities also would have an eye on being some of the more sustainable sports facilities out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Interesting you say this because I just had lunch with a member of one of their advisory committees and he mentioned they have had a couple conversations with Populous. My conversation was specifically regarding their athletics facilities and their estimated several hundred million dollar investment they want to make. I believe the first two facilities they are looking at is an indoor football facility (training) and a new tennis facility. We were speaking specifically to the idea of them being constructed of Mass Timber and creating some of the best facilities in the country if not world. 

Do you mind asking your contact if he knows anything more about renovations to the football stadium?

5 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning from Facebook Sky5. 
Dismantling the Music City Gran Prix race track barriers. 

855D06F7-856C-40B9-94EF-562FADAD1EC4.jpeg

Do they ship these to the next Grand Prix venue?  If so, do they use trucks only or trains and trucks?