1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2022/01/07/nissan-stadium-upgrades-plans-underway-tennessee-titans/9093029002/

Talk of upgrades to Nissan  stadium, the river front, roads, and other districts around the stadium.  

Can you drop us a few bits of info from this article? Lots of links on here, but there all behind these paywalls. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I’d say yes. The bones are solid. 

All my problems with the stadium are concession and game experience related. So surely $600 million can fix that haha. 

They really have to figure a way , to come up with the 400 million to put a roof on . If they really want this to be on par with current stadiums in the NFL and have a great game day experience. And it’s not used just for Titan’s games. It’s also used for other activities including concerts.. ie CMA fest. It’s not cool to have money invested in such things , and have it canceled because of weather or being there getting rained on.

• Like 1

I don't think we need a full roof either. Looking at Hard Rock Stadium, I think a canopy similar to that renovation would 1) work very well for stadium, provided it accounts for the east/west orientation to actually shade fans on the east side during games and 2) would go very well with our other open air sporting venues in the Fairgrounds Speedway and the MLS Stadium. 

Additionally, Hard Rock Stadium cost reportedly $755 million (completely financed by it owners Stephon Ross and Wayne Huizenga) so while I dont think $600 million will completely solve Nissan's problems, I think it will definitely go a long way in making it a modern facility.

• Like 4

"There must be a minimum number of hotel spaces within one hour's drive of the stadium equaling 35% of the stadium's capacity, along with hotels for the teams, officials, media, and other dignitaries. (For Super Bowl XXXIX, the city of Jacksonville docked several luxury cruise liners at their port to act as temporary hotel space)."

https://en.as.com/en/2021/02/02/nfl/1612258359_178439.html

Some of the more crazy requirements. 

https://www.rd.com/article/super-bowl-host-city-requirements/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Some of the more crazy requirements. 

https://www.rd.com/article/super-bowl-host-city-requirements/

Are they serious?? I'm surprised the Super Bowl hasnt turned into a similar blacklisted event like the Olympics. Sure it is a huge media draw, but from some of those expenses it seems like that is a very pretty penny to play on the merry-go-round

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

There is also just something about watching games outside that I prefer to a dome. 

Yes, I’m with you on that. So something similar to Hard Rock Stadium would work fine. But if they continue to use Nissan for other non sporting events, a roof would help. Maybe since the other events would fall under the umbrella of the visitors & convention folks, maybe they can tap into that piggy bank!

• Like 1

Just now, Luvemtall said:

Yes, I’m with you on that. So something similar to Hard Rock Stadium would work fine. But if they continue to use Nissan for other non sporting events, a roof would help. Maybe since the other events would fall under the umbrella of the visitors & convention folks, maybe they can tap into that piggy bank!

I mean retractable would be ideal, because summer and fall games in open air are awesome. 

But then you can close it up for winter/events. But I'm sure retractable on an already built stadium would cost even more. 

• Like 1