1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

Thinking about it, I’m sure closing in a stadium comes with all kinds of added HVAC requirements too. 

Something like they had in Ancient Rome on the coliseum would be cool. Retractable sun shades just made of fabric/cloth. To block that hot ass August/September sun would be nice. 

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 4

Why segregate by gender?  The police and military intermix their staff.  i.e. there's no 'Women's Marines division' or Male Police group.  They all get paid the same too, despite gender.  So, females are in the Army and in the Sheriff's departments, and get paid the same as men. 

But a ball team can't find a way to make this work?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, rolly said:

Why segregate by gender?  The police and military intermix their staff.  i.e. there's no 'Women's Marines division' or Male Police group.  They all get paid the same too, despite gender.  So, females are in the Army and in the Sheriff's departments, and get paid the same as men. 

Is this satire or a serious question?

Edited by ruraljuror
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, rolly said:

Are you joking? Pretty sure you are, just making sure

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

True, this is a coffee house discussion. As we have discussed as mods many times before, if you guys want an active Coffee House you have to go and participate there on an active basis, start the threads and keep them alive, and keep it civil.

Too many threads over on this side end up getting hijacked and off topic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bark At The Sun said:

Tried this place out on Saturday and had lots of fun.............Tee Line............west side of town off Robertson Rd.   Am sure this has been posted on a thread somewhere on UP.    They offer Curling lessons (which was very helpful), have a good selection of beer (also very helpful) and food......and also have a 4 lane bowling alley.   They did a good job with building this place and i plan on going back soon.

IMG_9053.jpg

IMG_9048.jpg

IMG_9051.jpg

IMG_9050.jpg

IMG_9055.jpg

A group of friends and I went a couple months back (I think grand opening weekend maybe) and had an absolute blast! They also offer adult curling leagues there too

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Sports Authority Board voted unanimously on Thursday to accept CAA Icon market-study recommendations that outline existing interest among residents and corporations and suggest future steps for attracting a professional women's sports team to Nashville.

Next, they will search for a good group of potential owners.

The key takeaway is that women’s soccer and basketball leagues have the biggest existing fan base, though the consultants recommended focusing on soccer.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2022/02/17/nashville-effort-bring-citys-first-professional-womens-sports-team/6722645001/

• Like 2