• 7 months later...

• 2 months later...

Hopefully part of it will go towards new LED lights like the these

These have been a growing trend at major sports stadiums. I know Petco Park in San Diego and Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa have similar LED lighting systems as the ones above. I would also assume the new stadiums coming on line in LA, Vegas, and Arlington, Texas have LED lights as well.

With that being said, I'm not sure how likely it is that Metro will have $50,000,000 in this economy next year. Especially if the stadium hasn't hosted fans in over a year by then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wonder if Amy would like to keep the silly 'village' facades at the end zones. 

Was Nissan Stadium the last one built that had closed concourses?  Lots of newer ones have (mostly) open pedestrian areas behind the various seating levels. Noticed the last time I was there how claustrophobic it felt. 

Edited by MLBrumby

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do not expect Cooper to say he would open up the wallet for the stadium, but I also doubt he is going to give much. Unfortunate, as there is a place for public/private investment. 

Cooper did say that there can't be "big" financial incentives. He did not say "no" incentives. 

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/nashville-mayor-john-cooper-on-nissan-stadium-revamp-there-cant-be-big-financial-subsidies-going-to-a-team

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shanky said:

Seeing that mural reminds me that I would love to see us change our name from Tennessee Titans to Nashville Titans.  I don't recall if a franchise has ever done this but why not be the first.

The Phoenix Coyotes became the Arizona Coyotes in a reverse sort of move. The Saints also considered changing to Louisiana Saints after Hurricane Katrina but eventually shelved that idea.

I've wondered the same myself for the Titans, but you gotta admit that Tennessee Titans has a good alliteration to it and helps incorporate other markets like Memphis and Knoxville at least on a superficial level.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shanky said:

Seeing that mural reminds me that I would love to see us change our name from Tennessee Titans to Nashville Titans.  I don't recall if a franchise has ever done this but why not be the first.

At the time the stadium was being planned and funded, the State of Tennessee added funding with the insistence it be the TENNESSEE whatevers. The team was not named the Titans at the stage of development.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1